Chapter.20- Alpha Protector Legend and wolves play

Chapter.20- Alpha Protector Legend, and wolves play

*Thursday night/friday morning *

I playfully swat Carlisle's hands away from me and move to stand next to the pack and with my band mates. I stand next to Paul, petting and running my hands through his thick silver-grey fur. Paul gives me a wolfish grin and I feel the bond that ties him and I together. I look back at Carlisle and I know that everyone is awaiting my answer. The pack has never heard the legend fully before since the Elders didn't believe or expect that an Alpha Protector could exist again.

The Cullen coven didn't know anything about the legend but knew that I was unique since I became friends with them. After all, they are vampires. My band members knew that I was special and about bit of the legend from their ancestors whom had seen my ancestor protect their people.

"It's possible because my genes help me to protect all super naturals." I comment back.

"I thought the Alpha Protector was only meant to protect the alpha and his or her pack?" Edward questions me. He must have spoken on Sam's behalf. Edward nods his head at my thought since I've allowed him to see some of my thoughts but not all of them.

"Well, everyone believes that the Alpha Protector protects was meant to protect just the alpha and the pack, hence the title, but that's not true. The Alpha Protector is meant to be the peace keeper for all super naturals, including the shape shifters, or better known as the wolves, and the vampires. Well the wolves kill the blood deranged vampires, I'm supposed to make sure that there are no deadly wars created." I explain further.

"Why didn't the Elders believe or tell the pack about the legend?"Edward questions for one of the guys.

"The Elders didn't tell anyone the legend because they didn't believe that the gene could be carried due to the fact that it had skipped so many generations. The gene is naturally found in males so they never suspected that females could have it as well. Everyone suspected that the males could have it for the longest time but then they didn't know that there was always a female that had gotten the wolf gene and became the Alpha Protector. The females were always on the side line. The Elders also didn't want history to repeat itself over and over again. Also it turns out that my mother was an alpha protector and plus my father being a wolf and you get me being the alpha wolf protector." I comment, my smile soon turning into a frown after I say that. My thoughts flow back to the memory of when I first out about the legend. Almost every ancestor had died in a terrifying death either trying to protect their loved ones or by one of their own powers. I make sure to block that last thought from Edward.

"What do you mean by history repeating itself again?" Carlisle questions me and I instantly regret making that comment. I can't fully lie to the group. I've known them all growing up.

"What I mean is that every one of my ancestor has died a terrifying death trying to protect the ones they love." I explain, shivering at the thought, instantly feeling dread and guilt wash over me. The feeling of guilt die to the fact that I won't mention that my own powers could possibly kill me as well.

"Well that's not good." Mitch comments, frowning slightly. Paul and Scar both let out vicious growls, obviously not happy about the concept either.

"Not shit." Chase retorts back and Mitch raises his hands in defence, Paul and Scar glaring at Mitch. I look around the clearing at the pack, my band, and the Cullens, debating whether or not I should tell them about my powers destroying me. I just can't tell them.... because I love them enough to protect them.

"So is training done for tonight?" I ask, steering the conversation away from the topic at hand so that I won't say anything else or so that Edward or anyone else for that matter read my thoughts.