Chapter.30- The Shattered promise that started it all

Ch.30- The shattered promise that started it all

I can remember that day as if it had only happened yesterday.

Flashback:

The sun shone brightly on me, adding more blonde to my hair as if my hair was gathering the sunlight casted upon it, storing it secretly from the world's prying eye. The sand was beneath my skin and felt nice as it left my hand to fall on the ground again. My sky blue orbs scanned the light blue sea before me as laughter surrounded the air around me. A small smile graced its presence on my lips, as I relaxed at First Beach. I was totally zoned out from any conversation that was going on with my group of best friends, lost in my own little world and their laughter seemed to be the anchor to my wondering ship of a mind.

I pull my knees up to my chest, resting my arms on top of them as I rest my head on top of my arms. I stare out into the sea, watching as the sand and water greet each other over and over again. A flash of a tan object waves in front of my eyes, blocking my eyesight from seeing the calming ocean. I let out a sigh as I lift my head off of my arms and turn towards the owner of the hand; my blue eyes meeting dark chocolate brown ones that almost could melt my heart.

"Are you going to be little Miss antisocial all day, staring out into the ocean blue, or are you going to actually join us and become the life of the party?" He says, smirking at me and I roll my eyes. I turn my body fully around to face everyone else.

"Fine, Paul." I say back to him, huffing slightly in defeat and the others laugh.

"So has Jake stopped talking about his undying love for Bella, or is that conversation still circling around?" I question the group, teasing Jacob and he sticks his tongue out at me. I roll my eyes and laugh, but I can tell from several feet way that Jake's cheeks are indeed red.

"Shut up, JC." Jake retorts and I smile at him, finally noticing that everyone, except Sam, is here. That's strange....

We all seem to be sitting in a circle and I'm stuck in between Jared and Paul, as well as being across from Jake. Everyone else just sort of fill in the gap between the three of them.

"Put your tongue away Jake, or you'll regret sticking it out in the first place."I comment back, threatening him playfully which causes him to automatically put his tongue back in his mouth as he rolls his eyes.

"So topics of choice anyone?"Jacob asks, changing the topic already.

"Has anyone seen Sam lately?" I ask and the guys think for a minute before shaking their heads no. Leah, on the other hand, is a different story.

"He broke up with me recently and has gone after my cousin. He also said that he didn't want us hanging out around him or Emily at all anymore."Leah says, her voice cold and emotionless. The guys and I look at her shocked. Seth doesn't look surprised, but he does look a little upset.

"Bastard. Looks like he seems to have ditched us then."Jacob growls out and we all nod our heads in agreement. My heart feels a wave of sadness come onto me as I think about Sam and the recent news we heard. He was like a brother to me. Why would he just suddenly ditch us and hurt Leah like that? It doesn't make any sense at all.

"Well, today was definitely a perfect day for the beach."I say, changing the subject to something more upbeat and happy as I smile at the guys and Leah, who all smile back at me.

"You mean perfect like you?"Jared flirts and I elbow him in the stomach. Jared lets out a groan and the rest of the guys laugh.

"Nice try Jare, but you aren't my type. You know the guys in the group are getting desperate for some action when..."I remark, causing Leah and I to both start laughing hard as the guys either glare at us, laugh with us or just roll their eyes.