46 - Birthday Cake

Imagine...

It was Y/BF/N's first birthday without his mum there.

There was no phone call. No silly surprises. No gifts labelled "from mum".

And for Y/BF/N, it caused wounds that he thought had healed, to be torn back open, and filled with salty water. It stung.

Though, you tried your best in the coming days, sensing that it would be hard for him... and you tried your best to make today as special as you possibly could. 

Starting with breakfast in bed... if cake could be counted as breakfast. 

"psst, baby," You coo gently, stroking the chocolate curls off his forehead, smiling as he groans, face planting into your lap, as he went to sit up.

"No-" he grumbles.

"Yes!" You reply, shifting so you're cuddling the oversized teddy bear, as he snuggles into you, resting his chest on your pillows.

"Are you comfy there?" You ask, as he burrows his head into your breasts, your only response is a hum of approval as you gently begin braiding your sleepy boyfriend's hair, murmuring sweet words as you do.

"You're so pretty, baby,"

"I love your hair, baby"

"You have such lovely hair"

"I love you so much."

"Love?" You question softly, as he lifts his head to look up at you, his eyes filled with tears. "Oh baby," You feel your own tears threaten to pour as sobs wrack is body. 

"I just miss her so much, Y/n... An-and I know that she's probably feeling a lot better wherever she is in the world, but i'm selfish, Y/N... Y/N i want her here... I.." Tears flow freely down your cheeks now. This was the most he had opened up to you since his mother's death, as you curse the man he called dad for berating the younger version of your boyfriend, telling him that no man cries, and no man opens up.... but right now you couldn't let the anger take a icy grip on your heart. Your boyfriend needs you.

"Oh, baby" You press kisses to his forehead, as he incoherently speaks through the sobs, as you rub your hands up and down his back, not to sooth, but rather to comfort, to encourage him to get all the tears out of his system, even as much as you hated to see every tear that fell from his eyes, you knew how much better he will feel.

"Y/bf/n," You say softly, tilting his tear stained face to look up at you, instead of hidden away in your now damp shirt. His eyes showed you just how broken he was, as you swallowed down a fresh set of tears threatening to escape your own eyes. "It's okay to be sad. It's okay to be angry. It's okay to feel like this.... like you can't go on." His adam's apple bobs as he listen's to the soft words that escape your mouth. "But she wouldn't want you to waste your birthday like this... she would want to you go out and seize the day!" You say, jutting your fist in the air, just like Robin William's character did in Dead Poet's Society. The gesture caused a soft laugh to bubble from his chest and the mere sound resulted in a grin being painted on your lips.

"Do you wanna go shower? I have a big day planned for my birthday boy," You say, getting ready to slide out of your toasty boyfriend's embrace, but it only tightens, as he rises on his forearms above you.

"But i didn't get my birthday kiss yet..." He mumbles childishly, and you can only wrap your arms around his neck, encouraging his lips to meet yours in a sweet kiss.

Sure, he was a mafia don, but hell, he wouldn't still be here without you, his Queen, standing behind him and holding him up. 

His father called you his weakness.

He was right and wrong.

He was right in the sense, that Y/BF/N would happily give up every jewel in the world, every coin and every ounce of security he held, to protect you, because for him, his father, it's mafia before anything.

But for y/bf/n? You were anything but a weakness. 

~~~~~

Written:27/April/2022

Hey guys. So, it's been a while...

I started seeing a councillor last week, so I was pretty drained, that's why I didn't update then, and Monday was ANZAC day here in Australia, and I went to the Dawn service, so I was exhausted all day basically.

Honestly, I love writing, but sometimes it feels as if I'm running out of ideas for this book, and I don't want to open requests, because I know that they'll all come flooding in and I won't be able to keep up with them all, so it's a struggle both ways if that makes sense.

Thank you all for 98k. Every read means the world to me.

Much love, as always,

Outcastkido