57 - Exams and confessions

Imagine...

You were sitting at your desk, staring at the hundreds of pages of notes you had written, and the palm cards scarred across it, in an organisation that only made sense to your mind... four hours ago.

"Where is it?" You were flicking through pages and pages of notes trying to find the one you were looking for, sighing as you come up empty handed. "I swear it was here, like, 20 seconds ago!" You grumble to yourself, as you make your desk even messier.

Just as the tears of frustration are about to over flow, you hear three soft taps on your window. Then another three- they were attention grabbing as you whirled around in your chair, your mask of confusion quickly changing to one of relief and love.

"Y/bf/n!" You exclaim, as you rush over to open the window and help your boyfriend in. "What are you doing here?"

"Is it a crime to visit my girlfriend?" His tone is light, but the smile on his face quickly slide of, as one of worry replaces it. "What's wrong, princess?"

You sigh as he makes himself comfortable on your bed, patting his chest, an invitation, one you are more than happy to accept.

"Exams," you say, refusing to look at the mess of your desk, but Y/Bf/N does.

"Oh, princess," he coos gently, as he strokes your hair. The tears you had tried to hard to push down bubble back up.

"I feel so stupid!" You blubber into his chest, as he lets you cry, not saying anything and you get the stress out of your system. "I can't remember anything, and everything's a mess, and the exam is in two days!!" Your boyfriend's heart broke at your words.

You weren't stupid- not in his eyes.

At school, he was the cliche bad boy who failed all classes except wood work, and no one looked close enough to realise that he was struggling- and one person believed him enough, convinced his parents and then, boom, a diagnoses for ADHD.

You were the one who realised and helped him. You were the reason he was now, not failing as much as before (still failing, but the Es turned to Ds), but baby steps were still progress.

And he hated seeing his Angel beating herself up. To him, she was his saving grace, his light in the dark, the best thing in his life- and he knew there was no such thing as perfection, but you were as close to it as anyone would be.

"Princess," his words were soft, and it had been a few minutes since your outburst and your sobs had calmed down, as you looked up at him.

"You aren't stupid, okay? You're tired and stressed." His hands were fiddling with your hair, as he tried to piece together the words that he wanted to. "You're really smart, to me at least." He offers you a toothy grin. "And you can do anything you want to do in life!! It's just a grade, you don't need to worry about it, it doesn't define you." He echos the words you had told him the first time he had opened up to you about struggling with school.

Warmth bloomed though your chest as you looked up at the beautiful man before you. "I love you," you hadn't said those words before. His face was shocked and soon yours mirrored his as you realised what you had said.
"I'm s-"

"Repeat it."

"I love you." The words were so much softer than they had previously been.

"I love you too."

With that promise, he joined your lips in a sweet kiss, sealing it.

———-
Written: 02/July/2022
Published: 04/July/2022

I thought this was cute af, but I'm sick as I write this so it may not live up to your expectations.

A few questions for you guys:
1. Where are you from?
(My answer: Regional Australia)
2. If you could change one thing about my book what would it be?
(My answer: the cover but I'm lazy)
3. Are you a first time reader or re-reader?
(This sounds weird, but I actually only re-read some chapters, to edit. The first few chapters are too cringey for me to re-read even to edit)

-Outcastkido