81 - dress up

Imagine...

Your nails were done, carefully painted in your favourite colour and shaped to perfection, You had to admit you had trouble not staring at them- they were honestly perfection. 

Your hair was done, carefully styled in a way that you were obsessed with. You felt like a princess, your hair done in a way that you wished you could recreate, but knew that your fingers would never quite be as talented as your hair stylists.

Your make up was done, carefully applied, highlighting your favourite features. It took you everything to not take down notes as she was doing it, knowing that you should just enjoy the pampering.

Your dress was on- it matched your nails, hugged your body in all the right places. You nearly cried when you first tried it on, how perfectly it looked on you. How much like a princess you were already feeling.

You slipped your feet int your heels before looking into your vanity mirror once more- admiring the woman you were. Your lips, your eyes, your nose, your cheeks.  You always loved playing dress up, and being able to do this, with your husband, on a semi-regular basis, made you realise how all your dreams from when you were a little girl had come true. How grateful you were for him, and how he provided for you. How he loved you.

"Don't go all misty eyed on me now, amore." His words were spoken softly against the shell of your ear, as his arms went up and down your arms, as his lips dipped lower, their warmth welcome against the nape of your neck. You melted backwards into him, the hardness of his dress being matched perfectly with the delicacy of your body. His lips pressed gentle kisses, and you couldn't help the smile that teased your lips, as you caught his eye in the mirror."What're you smiling at?"

"Thank you." Two words. Eight letters. Yet, they were the only words you could come up with, but they so poorly describe the gratitude you felt. The desperation to tell him how much he made your younger self, the poor little girl you neglected in hopes of growing up faster, how much she twirled around in your chest. How she danced all over your heart, with butterflies surrounding her. How her little arms wrapped around your lungs, pushing the oxygen out, in favour of her love. How her smile mirrored your own, as your hands slid down over your dress- the dress of your dreams. How, if only you could say those words, but they seemed to all melt on your tongue. Two words. Eight letters. they would have to do for now.

"You're welcome." His eyes softened, as he pulled away, only to twirl you around, his own face matching your infectious smile, as you twirled, your dress moving around your legs so angelically.

"We'd better get going, or we'll be late." You smile at his words, as you both walk to the door, and down to the front of your house, where a man stood waiting with your coats. Waiting to take you both out, on a magical night. Knowing that in another few weeks, another one of these nights would occur, and you would be all dressed up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/April/2024

Hello, my little girlie whirly twirly pops!

So, i've been MIA. 

Year 12 has been C R A Z Y! It's come to dawn on me that every mark counts now, and it all goes to my ATAR (basically my end of year 12 mark). It's also weird to think that by September I'll be graduated and by November, i'll be completely done with high school, forever. But yeah, so i've been MIA. I am alive, and semi-thirving. Thriving as much as a year 12 student can...

But yeah, please take this as a formal apology as to my absence, and i have no idea when i'll write again, so stay safe until next time xx

Much love always, 

Outcastkido 

xoxo