50 - Bookstore Romance (request)

Imagine....

Y/BF/N POV

She was going to the bookstore today. I knew she was. She had messaged her friend telling her she couldn't make their lunch because a new book she had been waiting for had come out for months now. It's all she had been talking about on her TikTok- how damned excited she was for this book. She had a countdown on her phone, and now, here I was, trying to tie my damned tie, to look perfect for my sweet angel.

"Fucking hell," I grumble under my breath, when my best mate walks in, his laugh echoing through the room. 

"Awww, is itty bitty Y/BF/N struggling with his tie and need some help?" He talks to me as if I were two. Turning to him with a nasty glare that has been the last thing so many people have seen in there lives, and the thing that sends so many other into mere puddles of goo, my best friend still stands there with a teasing smirk on his face.

"Bastard." I groan, deciding to ditch the tie and undo the top two buttons on my shirt, revealing tanned skin underneath. The warm tones were a direct contrast to the black shirt and suit jacket I had on, that's for sure.

"It's why you keep me around." It was.

"No it's not." 

"Yes it is." Yeah, it was.

"No it's not, you self absorbed jerk."

"Whatever... are you excited?" His eyes are filled with hope- hope that maybe she would be the one... I knew she would be, in my gut... I guess I just have to hope that she feels the same.

"Don't think like that... You're basically a replica of her favourite book characters- tall, charming, brooding, tatted, hot as fuck-" He licks his finger, before placing it in the air in my general direction, making a sizzling sound, which is enough to cause the knots in my shoulders to loosen.

"Thanks, man."

"You're welcome... now go get your girl! Security says she's about five minutes away from the shop now." Grabbing my keys off of my dresser, I high tail it out of my room, ignoring the crude comments that my friend was shouting: I was about to meet the love of my life.

~~~~~

*STILL Y/BF/N POV*

I opened the door to the bookstore, a soft jingle of a bell above the door alerting the shop owner to my arrival. 

"Hello sir," A elderly man greets me, and I nod my head in acknowledgement, as I 'casually' walk through the bookstore, even though every instinct in my body is begging me to run over to the romance section and hold her- take her as my own.

But I don't. 

I stroll through bookcases, pretending to appear interested, but really, my mind was occupied my the beautiful girl who was only a few shelves away. 

Finally, FINALLY, was it time to go and say hello.

And I walked into the isle she was in, and even at her height, she was struggling to try and reach the top of the 2.5 meter shelf, where there was a book placed, as she stood on her toes, hand reached out to try and grab it, fingertips skimming the edges of it, as she swayed slightly.

"Here." My hand instantly goes to her hip to steady her, as I reach up easily grabbing the book from the shelf and handing it to her, as her cheeks glow red, as she looks up at me, her eyes wide.

"Oh- thank you, you didn't have to do that-" her voice- god it's even prettier in person.

"You're very welcome, and I couldn't leave a pretty lady without a book, could I?" Her cheeks head up, as she looks down at the book in her hands, a beautiful smile lighting up her face- God, I just wanted to kiss her until her lips were so swollen and she was begging me to stop.

"I- heh- Thank you-" She fumbles over her words, as her fingers play mindlessly with her book.

"I'm Y/BF/N."

"y/n," She replies shyly.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl,"

"Thank you Y/BF/N," Her cheeks turn a shade darker

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but may I get your number? I'd hate to let such a sweet girl slip through my fingers." She nods, as she fumbles around for her phone handing it to me.

"Here-" I hand her my phone to do the same, as I type in my number, and put in my name and take a photo for my profile. 

"Here you go," She hands back my phone, and I smile at her contact.

'Y/N <3'

"Well, i'll see you around, Sweet girl," I say with a smile, before walking out.

Finally, finally, she was gonna be my girl.

~~~~~~

"And he called me sweet girl!" You squeal to your friend, who you were facetiming. 

"Wait- he called you what?!" A huge smile lit up her face, yet yours was so much bigger.

"I know!!!!!"

"Marry him!"

"God, I wish!"

Me too, I think, as I watch my sweet girl blush and smile about me, as I look at the ring which rested on a book next to my laptop. Me too.

~~~~~

Written: 06/May/2022

LOOK AT ME!!! TWO REQUESTS DOWN!

I hope you like this im_cool37 !!

As I write this, I'm sitting in science class in brand new a brand new lab coat that my school. bought with safety glasses on my head, looking like an idiot but feeling like the coolest kid in town :,)

I love you all so much!!!

-Outcastkido