❆His History❆

"Thank you so much for all the aid you've given me, Inoichi-kun," you bow your head to your friend

He stares down at you and nods, "Gratitude isn't really necessary. I only put you to work at my parents' flower shop."

"But you allowed me to stay at your home when I had nowhere else to go!" When you only had pocket change and the clothes on your back, Yamanaka found you and sent you to his parents. His kindness, silent yet diligent, reminds you much of Madara's.

"It's only natural for a friend to help another." He shuffles around as he carefully pieces his next set of words. "And as a friend, I just want to warn you of something."

Your smile fades as you provide him all your attention.

"Be careful around, Uchiha Madara." His tone shows the depth of his concern regarding your situation. "You don't know this since you were living elsewhere, but he tried to get the Uchiha's to break off from Konoha. However, the rest of the clan embraced the peace here and rejected him. Now, he lives as the ostracized Clan Leader while they await Fugaku to ascend the leadership role."

Each word causes a tremble in your heart. "Do you--" You glance around for any eavesdroppers, but it's just you and him in the flower shop. "Do you know why he wanted to reverse his decision on being part of Konoha?"

He shakes his head. "It is not clear as to why he wants to fracture the village's unity, but there is an unquestionable darkness within him. No one knows why he continues to stay here when he holds a distaste for Konoha."

Your mind goes back to the times you see him, sitting alone and staring up at the sky. It has been a constant since your arrival, and you do not dare accompany him in his isolation. The last time you did, you ended up pregnant... You are sure he would reject your attendance in fear of what could surmise.

But he is still alone. No one really frequents his estate, no one tries to talk to him, and his only friend is the Hokage, who is far too busy with his own life to provide Madara company. The only person is Toneri, but he still keeps his distance.

"I--"

"We know you are pregnant with his child," he says, which spreads mild shock into your system. "One day you say you're pregnant and the next you are staying with him. It isn't hard to put the two together. I'm sure you want us to be quiet about it and for good reason. Everyone would be afraid of Madara's child so there will likely be some sort of hostility towards you."

"I thought it was because he was an affluent man that people would want to hurt us," you laugh awkwardly.

Yet it is not a laughing matter and he resumes as so, "He has made plenty of enemies in his wake for power. No one is sure what exactly led him to remain quiet here in Konoha, but there is a high alert around him. To know that he now will have a child will only heighten their paranoia."

"I see."

"And you cannot say that they are being too manic about this." His look hardens. "We have been friends because of my parents' business relationship with yours. I've known you for a while now, and I know that you are easily gullible. But you need to be aware that there is something hidden within that estate, a place no one can touch... and you cannot let your guard down."