⍟Shisui Story: The Missing Tie⍟

[Age: 4]

[Age: 4]

Eyes are the window to one's soul.

It's a beautiful saying by his mother that she recites almost daily. Due to her quiet demeanor, her intuitiveness sharpened and she was able to judge a person's character with a single glance. Well, that's what his father would say as he recited their relationship's beginning.

Sometimes, he'd pay attention to his father's stories, but most times his mind would wander. They called him 'Shisui, Head in the Clouds' due to his innate ability to pivot his mental interests in a heartbeat. Kagami had a hard time figuring out what calls for his son's attention, attempting all sorts of avenues. From shinobi war stories to tales of the Second Hokage, Shisui's eyes were always glazed with disinterest.

When Kagami mentioned his son's oddity to the clan leaders, you found amusement and sent your daughter over for a day. 'She does the same thing. It's like they march to the beat of their drum.' And with that, Yurina arrives at Shisui's doorstep, holding Toneri's hand.

The first thing Shisui notices are her eyes. He's instantly drawn to them as a thin line of discoloration follows the curvature of her lids. Yet she doesn't seem fazed by her unique trait as her gaze holds a strong connection with his.

"This is Yurina-hime," Kagami introduces the girl to his son.

Shisui's attention intensifies on her. Although only four years old, he understands the connotation behind the title of princess. After an overall inspection of her, he can truly attest to her having every princess-like quality. Refinement, beauty, and that look in her eyes of self-assurance.

"This is Uchiha Shisui," Kagami says as he nudges his son forward.

The boy takes two steps towards her and holds out his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Yurina-hime."

The girl stares down at his hand then back up at Toneri. The man nods for her to take it which renders a shyness over her. When she locks eyes with Shisui again, his heart begins to beat erratically. Their hands meet and his heart explodes with something. He isn't sure of what, but he knows that its teeth have sunk into his heart.

"Can I use your potty?" Yurina asks politely. "I forgot to pee when I left."

His brain short-circuits with his initial infatuation of the girl. Toneri lets out an awkward laugh though he appears nervous at her announcement. Thankfully, his father's relaxed nature goes along with the girl's whims and allows her inside the house.

Knowing it to be a private matter, Shisui makes his way to his backyard as he waits for her to finish. He expects his mother to be tending to the garden, but upon her absence, realizes that she may be resting. His fingers reach out and brush the soft petals of the flowers while thinking of the girl they call a princess.

For once, his mind settles on a singular topic and does not drift. He wonders just what is this sensation that makes him feel alive. It tethers him to this world in a way that breathes a happiness in him.