❆When I am confused❆

You stand in front of the building where the Hokage's office is situated

You stand in front of the building where the Hokage's office is situated. Listless eyes stare at it for a bit as you continue to recall the events from a week ago. To think that your relationship with Madara couldn't get any worse. His avoidance of you is blatant, and the tension is suffocating.

You haven't seen much of your sister either. She gets angry if you try to visit and has been somewhat... paranoid of things? You aren't sure what it is but find it best to avoid her current state. At least you do receive news from May through her correspondences. 

All you can do in this current moment is focus on the positive. Like today! 

You had received word from Tobirama earlier this morning to swing by his office, and you do so after lunch. A sturdy coat covers the signs of your waist's expansion. Although some notice, your pregnancy still remains a mystery to most.

With one last inhale of oxygen, you travel inside and towards his office. Two raptures against the door and his aide allows you in. "Good afternoon, Tobirama-sama."

He sets his pen down and views you entering with his usual stare. "Afternoon, Lady [F.Name]."

It feels odd to be addressed like a noble when you have fallen out with your family. Though Toneri does so due to his station, Tobirama has no reason to call you that unless he truly views you as such. 

You settle in your usual chair and force a smile. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Just dealing with some insurgence in the smaller villages," he hums as he reclines in his chair. "But I wanted to speak to you on another matter."

"Yes?"

"The written law has been etched."

You no longer have to force a smile. The news brings you a wave of joy that you cannot stop a grin from forming. "Really?! That is wonderful! Absolutely spectacular!"

Your joy is contagious, infecting the man before you as a rare smile, albeit small, appears. "Yes, all the clans unanimously voted... Well, besides the Umemoto, who did not arrive to vote. But the rest voted for the ban of bride sales. Arranged marriages are still in play but as long as there is no clause of servitude."

"That is fair," you nod your head. "I am so happy to hear."

"This is all thanks to you." He seems earnest in his gratitude. "It only takes one person to speak out to the injustice to allow change to run its course."

You blush, "Oh, please. What I did was bring you my contract."

He sighs at your humility. "Do not sell yourself short. You were a valuable asset to the charge. None of this could have been attained peacefully without your help."

"I see."

"Now, I'd ask if you would want to celebrate with a drink, but I do not see it appropriate for a pregnant woman."