❂In my dream, they have❂

their own desires

... their own desires

It's been a week since your daughter left you. Breaking her heart once more somehow brings peace within your system. She is better off giving up a mother like you than attempting some form of reparation. You don't deserve it, not in this life. 

What Izuna needs is a clean slate; however, you feel an ominous premonition in her association with her father. If her father chose to condemn this world near twenty years ago, why is she aligning herself with him? Why did she want you to join them? And why does he still want you?

Nevertheless, your daughter has left Konoha. In the meantime, you are looked after by Shisui, who is the son of Kagami. Apparently, he was one of the only to survive along with Izuna. Maybe your ex-husband held some shred of sympathy for the babe as he was only a few months old when everyone perished. 

"Shisui," you call his name. His soft curls remind you of his father, who had always been generous to you. He even wears the same kindness in his gaze. "Did my husband send a letter?"

"Lord Second did." He provides you a single envelope, and you greedily scan the contents. Your smile widens a fraction at his attempt at romance. He has always been a man of sappy courting. "Also, it seems that they are going to accept his nomination of Hiruzen to be the Third Hokage."

The second you finish reading, you glance up at Shisui, mesmerized. "Is that so?"

He nods his head. "Yes, meeting the Feudal Lords is his last stop before retirement. He must introduce his candidate and gain approval. They should be returning in a day."

"That is wonderful."

"Then you finally have him all to yourself."

Your smile turns sad as your eyes return to the parchment. It took eighteen years to finally have your husband all to yourself, but throughout your time apart, you have learned to live alone. As much as you want to desire your husband, the many bumps on the road have damaged your relationship far too much.

However, you are stuck. There is nowhere else to go at your age and with your notoriety. You also have a faint constitution that does not allow much travel. No one likes you enough to take you in, and you cannot return to Sakumo and Akane for fear you may lose yourself once more. 

The best you can do is stay here and work on what you have with Tobirama. 

"He also sent you some sweets from the village he is visiting," Shisui adds with a knowing smile.

Your morose attitude livens up at the news. "Is that so?" 

"Yes, it's in the kitchen being prepared."

"Perfect, let's have some afternoon tea and eat together then." You rise from your cushion with his help. Your stomach still retains no appetite, but you want to indulge Tobirama's attempts on repairing the marriage.