❂In my dream, I wish❂

Trigger warning: very slight dubious consent i think (tbh she enthusiastic but i dunno, better safe than sorry)

[x]

...for unconditional love

A fierce pain rips through your system, knocking you into a conscious state. You sit up and your eyes fly open. Your hands immediately secure themselves onto your stomach in a manner similar to that of a pregnant woman.

"Do not fret, [F.Name]." Your gaze lands on a weary Tsunade. She's drying her hands with a nearby towel and resembles her grandmother with the way she handles herself. You feel nostalgic at the thought.

"Hm?" You wonder why concern befalls the blonde, but you are happy to see her well.

"You should be back in good health after the miscarriage a few weeks ago."

Your breath leaves you. "A miscarriage..." Heartbreak follows, but you do well in veiling your confusion. "O-Oh, yes, that's right." 

Before you can process the news, you notice that the usual mirth in Tsunade's eyes is gone and wonder if the war had anything to do with it. When she begins to depart, you call out her name. "Wait, Tsunade."

"You don't have to remind me. I won't tell anyone." Her words bite with an aggression unlike her. Well, you cannot say it is not the norm as you have witnessed how she handles her friend, Jiraiya, but she has always treated those older than her with some respect.

"I-It's not that." You gain her attention. "I just wanted to see how you were doing."

Her frown grows deeper while her eyes narrow. "As well as a shinobi can be." Agitation heightens at her title, as if she abhors her job as shinobi.

"I see. Please give my warmest regards to your family then," you mumble, but she clicks her tongue. "Is something the matter?" Though you do not fare well in confrontations, you find yourself confused by her open hostility.

"How can you do this to your family?"

"What?"

"I know you have not seen Uncle in almost a year because of the war." She pauses to lower her voice. "And you've had two miscarriages. You want to act all nice with my family when you are the one ruining it with your indiscretions." 

You blink a few times at her statement. It holds malice and disdain for you and your supposed actions. However, finally her implications catches up to your thoughts. "No. No, that's a lie. I would never..."

Your broken yet horrified expression does not weaken Tsunade's stance. "But my uncle isn't here, so who exactly is impregnating you, Aunt?"

Tears flow from her vindication. You have no words to defend yourself and accept the cross given to you.