❆How it is❆

A/N: A quick chapter! Don't worry, we won't be here long

A/N: A quick chapter! Don't worry, we won't be here long. Madara makes his appearance next chapter so stay tuned!! Also, this is the kind elegance (beauty, styling, etc) that I had in mind of the reader-insert. 

[x]

Within a matter of minutes, you are rushed into Lord Hien's entourage and shipped over to the countryside. The journey is rough, especially when you still don the extravagant garments for your meeting. The man cares little of the inconvenience he's bestowed on you, and when you arrive, he keeps you locked in the carriage while he discusses the new wave of events to Tomoha outside.

Regret creeps into your heart; anxiety follows. You aren't sure anymore if you did the right thing. You aren't sure if you will be safe from what may transpire. Keeping Kagami and Danzo surely aids in your worries, but nothing is certain when away from Madara.

To aid in your tension, you attempt some small talk while you await Hien's conversation with Tomoha. You turn to Danzo, who has been silent for the entirety of the journey. "Do you like the countryside, Danzo?"

His eyes are closed as he answers you curtly, "Not particularly, my lady."

"Right, right." You had hoped that your question would open up a dialogue, but you forgot who you were dealing with. It is clear you must opt for a different approach. "So, how is your clan doing?"

"Fine."

"... Any fine geniuses that are up and coming?"

"Myself."

You pout and give up on your attempts. Though the conversation bore no fruit, it provided enough of a distraction to forget your troubles and only focus on your frustrations with him. With crossed arms, you tap your toe against the wood impatiently.

Finally, the door flies open and you spot Lord Hien waving for you to get off. You do so with his help, but before you can walk forward, he grips your hand painfully tight. "Do not disappoint me, Lady [F.Name] and play along."

He releases you and returns inside his carriage. The moment he departs, you come face-to-face with your ex-husband. At the sight of Tomoha, your skin crawls with anger and disgust. You never wanted to encounter him again, not when you have learned of his systematic abuse. Your marriage was a sham, a disrespect of the institution due to his selfishness.

However, the man who stands before you looks nothing like the man you married. His hair is disheveled, sleep deprivation haunts his gaze, and his appearance lacks any fortune.

When his gaze lands on you, a swirl of emotions cycles through until he finally lands on one. Happy. Arms outreached, he embraces you. "I knew it. I knew you'd be pregnant with my child."

Horror bubbles in your gut. His delusions mistaken your child as his, one that all know is not the truth. He has not experienced your essence in more than a year, and the father of the child has become basic knowledge in all of Konoha. To even claim Madara's child as his own is of the highest treason.