❀The convoluted mind❀

A/N: When I tell you that the next two weeks is gonna be a descent into madness, I really mean it

A/N: When I tell you that the next two weeks is gonna be a descent into madness, I really mean it. Editing all those chapters has me needing some fluff. Whew... 

[x]

When returning to the worried stares of your sisters, you realize the tension branded in your muscles. All your confidence expels from your exhale, and you rest your forehead on Kaede's shoulder. "That was so scary."

"What did she say?" Kaede asks, rubbing your shoulder in the same way she did back during your childhood.

"She gave me a history lesson on how my rise to the Uchiha was fate." You breathe in your sister's calmness before returning upright. "Even though mother says she has no plans, I am sure she is hiding something."

Your words veil the truth. No one else knows about the coup except the Uchiha, Hien, your parents, and you. However, your sister follows along with your explanation much to your surprise.

"She has been preparing and plotting quite a bit." You take one step back to analyze her face. When she realizes the slip of her tongue, her pensive stare morphs into one of feigned confusion. "T-To fight back on the marriage ban, right?"

Her voice cracks in an almost undetectable way, but you catch it. Her confusion does not reach her gaze. Something is amiss. "Yes..." Your eyes travel over to Akane, who wears an uneasy expression. 

Both sisters know something, that much is certain. Your mother is aware of their cognizance, as is Saitama since both mentioned them in passing. What does not make sense is why they know. You also cannot imagine Madara not privy to their plans even though the rebelling Uchiha like to pretend that he isn't in the loop. 

So that means Madara and your sisters are in the know, and the only time all three were alone was when Madara and Akane went to secure Kaede. It was supposed to be a peaceful retrieval, but they arrived covered in blood. Something must have happened that night before they returned home. 

However, all is but speculation in your mind. Every bout of information takes shape in the form of a scattered piece that belongs to a puzzle incomprehensible to you. Neither will tell you a word in what they know, and you do not want to linger any longer in this confounded estate. 

"Shall we go?" you suggest. They both nod and begin their departure, thankful for the subject's death.

As you travel for the exit, you notice a few details that were overlooked due to your nerves; one being that you had not seen many of your cousins or secondary family throughout the estate, especially the men. They always had something to do in this main branch, creating a bustling hallway at all times. Today, you barely witness a soul. Not even your father attended today's meeting.

Second, all the artwork that you had done for them are on display throughout the estate. In your clan's culture, to display the art of an individual that no longer graces your home signifies condolences or pride. Since your mother does not possess an iota of pride, it's her way of sending you an ominous message, that she believes your death is imminent.