⍟Yurina's Story: To know a father⍟

A/N: I feel like I should name this chapter 'yurina getting beaten up by the world'

A/N: I feel like I should name this chapter 'yurina getting beaten up by the world'. But anyways, a lot of annoyances get cleaned up in this one. I really had to go back to reread the beginning since I forgot some things here and there. To see how far we've come... I'm in shock.

[-]

[-Winter-]
[Age: 8]

Yurina's dazed stare resides on the flower in the middle of the table. The sound of her parents speaking does not enter her mind as they always go off in their own little world. Not many children can boast having both parents alive due to the difficult shinobi lifestyle; not many can attest to the unmistakable chemistry between their parents either.

She should be content that her parents both live and adore each other, but why does only resentment bubble when they speak? 

"The war is worsening then," you breathe out as you rub your face in a bout of anxiety. Stress cages your body in a tension that stifles the jovial spirit out of the air. 

Madara glances over to you, a modicum of concern on his features. "Stop reading that newspaper and focus on other matters, my dear."

You bring the parchment to your lap and stare at your daughter, a smile tugging at your lips. "Yes, I know. It should be a happy occasion for our daughter. You're taking the test to become a Genin today, right?"

Her gaze does not leave the flower as she hums out an agreement.

"Speak properly, Yurina--"

"Yes, mother, I am taking the exam today."

You detect a tone of disrespect and narrow your eyes, "What has been the matter with you recently?"

"It's nothing. Just focus on your news," she grumbles while adding another layer of rice inside her mouth.

You side-eye Madara for assistance, but he is just as confused as you are in the matter. Softly, you attempt to assume her grievances. "You will do fine today if that's what bothers you."

She scoffs, "I'll ace it just fine, but you act like it's a death sentence if I become a Genin."

"That," your expression of shock wavers, "isn't true. The war has been really starting up and I hope Tobirama can fix it with his meeting today, but your matter is something to be celebrated."

Yurina finishes her bowl and begins to stand. She provides a small bow to her father and rushes for the door, "I'm off."

The door slams and you wince at the noise. Madara hesitantly stares at you then back at the seat his daughter once occupied. "Did you two have some sort of quarrel?"

"No," you press your hand against your cheek. "She barely speaks to me and whenever I try to get to the bottom of things, she keeps closing up more. No matter how much I tell her I love her, she ignores me."