❀A return of a few❀

'Why must you meddle?'

'Why must you meddle? Stupid wench.'

'Why?'

You sit up, panting. Your eyes take a moment to adjust to the night veil, and when they do, you only witness the serenity of your empty room. Earlier in the evening, you were far too sleepy to visit Madara which is why you awaken alone. If you had imposed on him, you'd be happily asleep beside him and rise tomorrow well-rested.

Yet you currently find yourself out of breath and nervous. The recurring nightmare since your return plagues you when you sleep alone. An odd shadowy figure with bright yellow eyes taunts you relentlessly in your dreams, as if they despise you for something you did. They prod and poke, humiliate and deride. They seem similar to those beady eyes you witnessed when you tried to detect Madara's presence. They had left you alone for the past few months, but now they desire something. You can sense it, their resolve in claiming something. Someone. 

Frightened, you decide it best to bother Madara. Your urges are rested and will not stir for his intimate company; instead, you want comfort from his warmth. You pat your forehead with a nearby towel before traveling over. 

Your footsteps are heavy and announce your visit from afar. Madara's delicate ears detect it that you needn't knock. As you slide the door open, he rises up to stare at your shaken form. 

"What is it?"

"I want to sleep with you."

He takes a moment to deduce your intentions. You covet his protection from something which awakens his curiosity. He scoots to the side on his futon, granting you passage to his arms. You descend and press into him quickly with your back turned to him. Today, you want to be the little spoon, a usual position you take, leaving you more comfortable than before. 

It doesn't take long for you to return to a dozing state. However, sleep does not grace Madara due to his confusion, and it annoys him that you must leave him with no answers. With a sigh, he refrains from prodding and allows you rest. Maybe in the morning, you will explain your troubles to him. 

But for now, he will keep you well-guarded in his arms.

[x]

You smile brightly at the new employees that arrive at the estate. Yukino stands at the forefront along with a few others that were present in your last house. An estate retainer, two more maids, two chef aides, and a gardener. 

"Welcome," you hum with glee. 

Toneri takes charge one last time as he will now bestow half of his responsibilities to Yukino. "Yes, welcome to the Uchiha Head Estate. I am Toneri, the Clan Leader's retainer. For now, let's get everyone settled into their roles and acquainted with the layout. Mozuka will guide those around. Yukino-san, I will speak with you on your tasks."