❊The plan❊

After being bedridden for a week, your body now jitters with energy

After being bedridden for a week, your body now jitters with energy. You've been blessed with hearty yet nutritious meals every day, courtesy of Madara. When Toneri had mentioned Madara's explicit instructions to the chef, you couldn't help but ponder on the extent of his disbelief in you. For a man who refutes the idea that you carry his child, he sure does put a lot of effort in taking care of you.

Regardless, you appreciate his kindness, and after each meal, you always sent a note his way that expressed your gratitude.

"What are you smirking at yourself for?"

You only widen your smile at Tobirama, who sits in the chair opposite of you. "I'm just thinking about the food I had this morning."

"I see," he quirks an eyebrow. "Has anyone told you that you're an odd one?"

"Actually, Madara-sama tells me that all the time." You finish scribbling the last of your speech before handing it over to him.

Finally, the pieces of the investigation have come together, and you are now prepared to challenge the Umemoto in the noble meeting. Today you two focus on your speech that will sway the favor of the other clans in stopping the Umemoto's culture of bride sales. Much of the village's foundation is twisted in tradition, but you hope to sever this custom in particular.

"I don't think," Tobirama says in the middle of his read, "that we'd be able to still retain the Umemoto's good graces after this. As much as we still want their patronage..."

You lower your eyes while biting your lip. The main struggle of your venture resides in the Umemoto pockets. Due to a long history of high caliber wife-selling, they have coffers of gold that had helped fund the establishment of Konoha. It is the reason why such a weak clan was able to secure a spot in the village. It is why no one dared to look any further into the clan's practices.

"We do not want the patronage of someone so ethically immoral. We need to look at the future, one that does not involve that practice."

Your fervent words bode well in his consciousness and he smirks. "As idealistic as you are, I do agree with you. We have to find a better way to fund the village."

You nod your head in agreement. "Do you think I can still say this in the upcoming meeting?"

He returns his view onto the parchment and continues to scan through it. With each analysis, he scribbles down a correction. Again the cycle returns, where you write and he edits until finally you two settle on a shorter but more concise attack on the clan.

Tobirama hands you the finished product. "What I can agree to is that their education on the women is second to none."

"That is true."

He pauses as if hesitation clogs his actions, but those words flow free when you make eye contact. "You are wasted on Madara."

"Oh?" you laugh. "Mito-sama said the same thing."