❀Unbridled resolve❀

Mail is but a simple item in one's daily life, menial in its impact

Mail is but a simple item in one's daily life, menial in its impact. Its contents can hold a myriad of topics like simple tidings, gossip, requests, or advertisements. It can also be the missing piece to all your questions.

Like always, Toneri places your mail on the desk in your study. When the time presents itself, you scan each and every one of them. Should they call for a response, you write an eloquent reply. If not, you scribble a note for your knowledge of their correspondence.

You open one in particular that you find peculiar. Umemoto May, your cousin, has written a letter addressed to you. Usually, anything that leaves the Umemoto's is scrutinized and given a yellow seal of approval. This one bears nothing of the sort but the envelope and contents describing her news.

'Greetings my dearest cousin,

As discourteous as this letter may seem, I do wish all is well with your baby and family. Though I would like nothing more than to discuss matters important to you, your assistance is of grave need. It seems that all I ever do is ask for help when I reach out, but I have no one else to turn to.

The reason I write to you in haste fashion is due to the disquiet within our clan. The Clan Leader has been ushering the women and children to pack up our belongings. She has yet to inform us as to why we must run away into the obscurity of night in three morrows from today, but I know it is not for positive reasons.

However, my father did mention that we are to run to a particular estate within the farmlands. The more he described the location, the more I realized that we are headed for your previous estate. The Tomoha estate. Does this have to do with all the men disappearing and readying for something?

He also mentioned that your mother was gleeful about some man finally losing all his prestige due to a woman. From her description, I can only assume this to be in reference to your husband. I am not too sure on this, but I have caught the Clan Leader in an auspicious mood even when she had been complaining not too long ago about your eldest sister's entourage missing since your sister's arrival to Konoha. They were to help them in something, but again, I am only acquiring bits of the overall problem.

Alas, the final piece of my plight. The Clan Leader announced that I am to marry and become a concubine to Hien-sama. The Tomoha estate will become the Umemoto estate under my marriage. 

I cannot understand how this came to be. Why must we leave so quickly? Why must my love be crumpled for the desire of a man far older than my father? Why do our clan's men stay and prepare for some event? It is as if some oddity is brewing within the village that sparks our escape.

Surely, something can be done? I do not know if I have that power to do so, but you do. Help me. I ask this not of the Uchiha matriarch, but as my dearest cousin, who has brought me impunity. 

All the best wishes,

Umemoto May.'

The picture has been painted, and it is so painfully clear. Saitama and Lord Hien are looking to absolve Madara of his power. The Umemoto are a pawn in all this as they are purposed by the whims of Lord Hien. Your sister knew because her third husband had secured an army to return with her and aid in the coup.