⍟Yurina's Story: To know a mother⍟

A/N: Here comes teenager Yurina! A lot of this coincides with Kakashi's arc, and we get to see more Shisui! Yurina still has her haughtiness, but she's becoming more like her mom so there is a kindness to all her actions

A/N: Here comes teenager Yurina! A lot of this coincides with Kakashi's arc, and we get to see more Shisui! Yurina still has her haughtiness, but she's becoming more like her mom so there is a kindness to all her actions. I can't wait for you guys to see how she becomes a good little egg -w-

[x]

[-Autumn-]
[Age: 12]

"Being out on patrol isn't really worth our time," Yurina sighs into the sweltering heat. "We should have gotten the infiltration mission like Kakashi's squad."

Shisui eyes her wearily. "Do you always need to be in danger? You shouldn't tempt fate with your fearlessness."

Yurina crosses her arms, "I'm just saying. You have three Uchiha and Lord Third doesn't trust us enough to do that sort of work? It's very unusual."

Itachi notices Shisui's struggle in describing the situation and interjects, "A squad of three powerful Uchiha, especially the daughter of a village founder, can create more social discord than you can imagine."

Yurina opens her mouth to counter, but no retaliation can be uttered and she remains silent. Shisui takes the chance to change the subject to a lighter topic. "I heard that your cousin made Jounin."

"You did as well."

He was expecting her to complain about Kakashi's appointment, but he has now become the center of the topic. Wondering if he will receive any flattery, he answers, "Yeah, I did."

"Yep." Yurina gazes away from Shisui's inquisitive stare, deflating his expectations.

At least Itachi notices the dejected stare of his friend. "Shouldn't you congratulate him?"

A long pause ensues as Yurina wrangles with her jealousy. Finally, a curt statement flutters out her mouth. "Great for you." It's an attempt, one that Shisui recognizes.

After her whole meltdown, Yurina finally had time to reflect on her actions and understand the role she played in the dissolution of her relationships. She had to engage in an apology tour with Shisui being the first person she visited. They have since begun their friendship anew, though there are times that Yurina still cannot defeat her immense jealousy towards him.

However, to have them casually speaking is something that Shisui appreciates more than she would ever know. He chuckles at Yurina's perplexed expression. She clearly is happy for him but cannot show it at the expense of her pride. "You're so stubborn, Yurina-hime!"

"What?!" She turns to face him with an arched eyebrow. "Are you expecting a high-five or something?"

"Actually, yeah," he grins, knowing that she will rebuff such an inane desire.

But Yurina crumbles under the weight of wanting to see her friend smile. "Fine, fine." Her hands raise to offer him his congratulatory gift. "Good job, Shisui."