❆I feel warm with you❆

"Madara-sama!" you exclaim as you walk down the hallway

"Madara-sama!" you exclaim as you walk down the hallway. You had initially expected to turn into your room for a nap but upon seeing his figure, you feel a need to converse with him.

He turns to face you then notices Aida, who stands behind you with her eyes downcast; the woman absolutely refuses to look at him and has yet to do so due to her fear. "What is it?"

"What are you up to?" you ask.

He does not seem too keen in informing you of his plans, but you know it is part of his habitual reclusion. "I have to depart for something."

"Depart?" Your eyes widen. "For how long?"

His gaze remains on Aida as he lets out a command. "Leave." 

In an instant, the woman has scurried off to another part of the estate. There is much to do and you are sure that she already has something in mind. However, you pout at her disappearance since you wanted a small snack after lunch. 

"I wanted something to eat..."

His tension dissipates and finally his eyes land on your sulking. "I have something in my room."

All of your depression evaporates, replaced by a sneaky smile. "My, are you trying to be inappropriate and invite me to your room?"

The question interprets lewd, and he smirks at it. "Next time someone calls you innocent, I'll be sure to dispel the thought."

"M-Madara-sama!" you laugh. "It was a jest, I assure you." You reach out and hold onto him as he guides you into his room. Once inside, he places you on a cushion as he takes out some donuts stuffed with jelly.

"Breakfast?"

"A gift from a meeting I attended earlier today."

"I see," you hum while picking at the food. "So what's this about departing?"

"I have to resolve something before I retire." The announcement halts your consumption and you chew quickly to ask for more of an explanation. However, he beats you to your question. "Much change will be happening in the coming months, new management and all."

"Of the village?" Your eyes are wide with amazement. "Are you saying there will be a new Hokage?"

"Yes..."

"Is it you?"

"No, I am retiring."

The word 'retire' to describe an action of his puts a wrench in your thoughts. "I can't imagine it," you say breathlessly. "You're retiring... What will you do in your free time?"

"Train my child."

You press your hand against your lips, the sleeve of your kimono blocking your face's lower half. There are a myriad of emotions in your expression, and you hope he does not spot them. But that is too much to ask a man whose eyes are one of the most powerful.