❆A safe shrouded in danger❆

The following day, you plead for an earlier lunch, citing your ravenous state

The following day, you plead for an earlier lunch, citing your ravenous state. Tomoha, who is far too eager to please, adheres to the request. However, despite your insistence for a meal, you pick at your food with little interest in finishing. It's as if you do not feel at ease, as if you have no will to enjoy life's joys. 

"I was thinking of putting the nursery in another wing."

"Hm?" you hum against your chopsticks. "The nursery was to be beside us, and when they grow older, they go to the other wing."

"Because we need time for ourselves to make more children," he responds as if it's obvious. "We have a long road ahead of us in repairing our relationship."

His comment pokes at your temper. "You think having children will fix our relationship?"

"Yeah, aren't you happier as a mother?" He stuffs his mouth with a large chunk of steak, still appearing oblivious to your anger.

"Are you happier as a father?"

"Haha, I just need to provide, and you give me head every night. All will be good."

You hold your chopsticks tighter. "... I understand."

Since your return, you've been quite combative. That much he's noticed, so your instant acceptance of his crude remark has him on edge. "Oh, come on. I'm sure you have some opinion on the matter."

You idly stare at the bottle of sake and guesstimate the contents of it. After a few cups, you're sure he's almost done with it, making it not feasible to converse with him in this state.

"I just think addressing our issues as adults will resolve some problems."

"What is there to address?" His lack of self-awareness bleeds true in his question.

You let his words simmer yet with each second that passes, a dormant rage within your heart rises. "Are you saying that you do not understand the issues within our relationship?"

"You were too perfect and made others think I was worthless?" he shrugs.

"Don't pin your mistreatment of our marriage onto me," you command with furrowed brows. "You treated me like a slave, not your wife. You barely-- You know what, it's a waste to even try. You know nothing about me."

Tomoha takes another bite, continuing with the lack of emotions. "After eight years, I think I know a lot."

"Yeah?" you chuckle bitterly.

He looks annoyed by your disbelief. "You only drink hard liquor on Saturday." You flinch at his initial comment as he recites his knowledge, "Dinners are usually soups or salads. You eat heartier meals for lunch."

"So you know my feeding schedule? I am sure the chef told you." You return to picking at your food.

He breaks his view from his food to stare you down. "You perform some artwork in the garden sands on Tuesdays. Every two weeks, you make a new flower arrangement based on your mood and the weather's temperament."