Chapter Fourteen

Okay so sparring went not badly but not well either. Something strange happened yesterday though. After sparring we had lunch (we have the same food everyday because the government doesn't have a lot of money. Breakfast is grey, lumpy porridge. Lunch is boiled chicken with undercooked rice.) I got lost on the way to the cafeteria though because it was my first time getting there from the new sparring centre. I ended up by the doctor which was probably a good thing because I had a big cut on my leg though she would most likely just give me an ice pack. I walked in to ask for a plaster or something but I saw something else, something much worse than sparring and that's saying something! This child was strapped to the chair with metal restraints, the guard had just injected a black liquid into them, it was horrifying. I was curious though, what was the liquid? So I hid behind the wall and listened. "I don't understand why we have to do this Barry? Why don't they just kill the pests like they say they're going to?"
"They say it's about power Rob. They want to have control over the people and to do that they say they're going to kill their children if they have too many. If they said 'if you have too many children we're going to take the extra ones and brainwash them and test on them and train them to be in our secret army to take over the world.' Everyone would just get angry and raid the facility and overthrow the government. It's easier to have control when they think that if they disobey their children will die." Oh My Goodness! What?!