Chapter Sixteen

When I wake up I expect to feel different but I don't. I don't know why but the brainwash didn't work. The only downside to this is that everyone else thinks that I still am, too bad I was always terrible at Drama. After breakfast -which I now know is the exact same food we got back in SunLife- I am called to the counsellors office, oh no here we go. "I wanted to make sure you're feeling ok Jamila, is there anything I can help you with?"
"I'm feeling great, thank you for asking! I don't have any questions." She looks taken aback for a moment before she regains her serious yet sympathetic face. "I thought you would have questions about your life before, do you not?" Quick! Act dumb and brainwashed! "Of course I have questions about that! Sorry I misunderstood and thought you meant questions about the schedule here but I understand that." She looks a bit baffled and let's out as shaky laugh. After she explains everything to me for the second time in five days I accidentally say something that I won't be able to recover from. "Say thank you to Sheikha Mariam for me. I'm really happy that I get to mentor my brother Oliver!" As soon as I say it I slap my hand over my mouth and my eyes grow as big as saucers, hers do as well. "I think we should visit the doctor Jamila." She says carefully, I sheepishly follow her out the door.