Chapter Twenty One

Of course, it would have to be Jack on duty tonight. He's the man with the burn and limp and he is horrible. You're not allowed other people in your room unless you are told to and your door has to be open at all times so... Yeah. "Need I remind you that you are not allowed to mingle in your rooms and your door must be open" that man needs to chill out. I know that he will not let us go until one of us explains and since I think John is too stupid too I step forward and start working on an excuse. "I'm so sorry sir you see John needed some help with what we did in class today and I did well in it. As for the door, I was showing him a kick and I hit the door, John was just about to open it again and leave when you walked in. Again we're very sorry sir and we promise to not disappoint you again." He still looks dissatisfied but he always looks like that so I think we're in the clear for now. "Fine but John. Get. To. Your. Room. Now!" John practically sprints out. Jack gives me one more look of disgust and limps out.

The next few days were some of the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm actually having fun with John. Eugh! I shuddered writing that down. I never want to say that again, ew. It is a big relief having somebody else know though. I can act normal around him and as much as I hate to say it, he's actually really nice. Back home his family were considered criminals because they sold things on the black market and got away with it. My parents always said that they were bad people and to not hang out with him and his sister, I can't believe how wrong they were. WHY AM I DEFENDING HIM?! I still think he's stupid though, he accidentally set off an explosion at the fake town hall and our teacher was... happy?

OH MY GOD!

WHAT?!

They don't want revenge on the parents how could I be so blind? They want to take over the town... And maybe what's past the border as well.