Chapter Thirty Four

We got a phone call a few minutes later telling us that the doctor could only come in three days but since we were fine with waiting, we waited. We decided to go out and explore the city. Apparently, we were in a city called Paris and it is the capital city of France. We decided to split up because we were a big group of people and we did not want to draw attention to ourselves. With me were John, Serena and my brother Mark. We decided to visit this place called The Eiffel Tower. It was amazing and unlike anything, I have ever seen before. We didn't go up because we didn't have any money but it was very pretty to look at. We ended up just walking around the streets to look at the people. It's strange but they are so different to us, they do not have a care in the world! And here I am worrying endlessly about whether I am going to die or not. We are getting a few odd looks but I am guessing that it is just because of my arm, you know, with the hole and all. After a while, we decide to go back because we want to eat. When we arrive I am surprised to see everyone else back but I can immediately tell that something is wrong. My mother comes up to me and tells me with tears in her eyes, "We can not do this Jamila. We need to go home. It is our home and if they want it they are going to have to get through us first, and we will not allow that to happen". She gives me a hug and then walks out with the rest of the people. After they've gone the only people left are me, John, Serena and Mark. I think Mark is only staying because he doesn't think I can handle myself and that I need some sort of bodyguard, please!

We wait and explore the city and eventually the day with the doctor comes. He rings the doorbell and comes in and I notice something a bit odd about his jacket... It has the SunLife logo on it... The Capital way...