Chapter Eighteen

Dead. I would prefer to be dead. Why can't they lay off us? They've started giving us classes to prepare us for when we go and get our revenge on our parents. Serves them right though. I can't believe they got away with it. The classes are brutal though, we get medicine tested on us (yesterday someone got sent to the emergency room because of it) and if we get a question wrong we get "punished". The guards act as the town so if we misbehave they capture us and basically beat us up which then means we test out new medicine which most of the time just makes the pain worse. I'm so thankful that they're giving us this opportunity to get revenge on our parents after they took advan... Okay I'm in the clear now. One of the guards was walking past me and I had to make sure they didn't know. Surprise! It didn't work again. I remember everything and how this whole thing is completely bogus. I'm in my room pretending to study but I'm actually trying to figure out what the government is planning. "What are you doing Jamila?! They'll see you!" John quickly and quietly closes the door behind him making sure nobody can see inside. "W-w-what d'ya mean? I'm going over the training exercise." My stuttering gives me away. "You can stop the act Jamila. I know you know something the rest of us don't."
"Fine" I decided to tell him that I fixed one of the medicines we were given. "I don't believe you, if that was the truth you would've given it to the teachers". Shoot he's right.
"Well you know that I'm not allowed to handle the medicine after what happened last time, they did not want another explosion". I laugh awkwardly as he stands there with an unsure expression on his face. "If that's what you've been doing then show me, I have a huge bruise on my arm from training and if it goes away then I'll believe you if not then tell me what's really going on". Ugh! He's so annoying! I go and get the tube from my cabinet when I realise the problem... I have two identical tubes. One is a medicine that makes your injuries vanish. The other is my attempt at reversing the brain washing and I forgot to label them.