Chapter Thirty One

I gasped as I removed the long sleeve of his t-shirt and I saw the skin around his wound. There must have been some form of poison in the bullet because his arm was slowly but surely turning grey. I rifled through the medicine and noticed a small pot of activated charcoal which I knew could help a bit with the poison so I added some to the area. I took some medicines and started mixing them, I added a small sample of John's blood to make sure I had a sample of the poison. Once I was satisfied with the result I injected it into his arm close enough to the bullet wound to cure the poison without damaging the wound. I was glad to see that his skin started to turn a normal colour even if it did have a slight grey tinge to it. Now that I was satisfied with the level of poison I started stitching his wound together however it wouldn't be fair for it to be fine right? John woke up. In the middle of me stitching his shoulder. Because I haven't suffered enough! "What?!" He whimpered, I picked up a needle with some general anaesthesia in it and injected it into his good arm to put him to sleep. Just before he passed out I heard him mutter, "I love you, Jamila". I think I stopped breathing at that point. No. He probably meant like a sister!? There's no way he meant it romantically, he's in love with that other girl. What if I hope that I'm that girl though? No stop being stupid Jamila! I push all of my thoughts aside and focus on fixing his arm. I stitch it and then wrap it in a fresh bandage. Since he's still asleep I leave him there and walk out to get ready to face Jack and his army.