Chapter Twenty Five

There were fifty soldiers waiting for us. I might have been confident before but that's all gone now. As we get closer though I realise that they're not carrying weapons, what? Sheikha Mariam then steps in front of them and motions for us to join her. We gingery follow her not forgetting to bring our things in case we need to make a hasty exit. We walk into the building and it is just as magical as I remember it, too bad that there's so much evil lurking around. John points his head towards my hand and I realise that I've been gripping the hilt of my sword so tightly that my knuckles are white, I relax slightly but still leave my hand there because I don't trust the Sheikha. "Children I understand that you're upset but we are trying to do what's best for you and the town". How can she sit there and lie through her teeth? Does she not realise that the best thing to do for the town would be to leave it alone? "No, I don't think you understand! We are trying to do what's best for the town. You need to leave it alone, all these rules are hurting people and they're stupid! And we're not children, you are a child for thinking that people respect you and that we would ever believe your lies!" I stare at John in shock after his outburst, who would've thought he had it in him?! The fact that he just shouted at Sheikha Mariam just makes me like him more, I can't say the same for her though! She is trying to keep a smile on her face but it looks like she smelt something bad and is trying to cover it up. "Thank you Sheikha but we're going to go". She sits up and sighs. Her previous smile has vanished and has been replaced with a look of boredom, "I really didn't want to do this but I will and I'll enjoy it, GUARD!" Two guards walk in but John and I are better prepared, I hit my guard in the face with the flat of my sword and he falls unconscious. John is fighting hand to hand with his guard; since we need to get going I kick the guard in the side of his head and he crumples down. I don't breathe again until we are driving away from The Capitol and on our way home.

Whilst we are driving I start patching up my wounds, I'm lucky that I only have a few scratches but John didn't get off that easily. He has a black eye forming and what looks like a deep gash on his arm. "Pull over I need to make sure your wounds don't get infected." I hand him a slightly melted ice pack to hold on his eye and then I take a look at his arm. "Why didn't you say it was this bad?!" I can't believe what I'm seeing, he has a bullet lodged in his shoulder...