Chapter III

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

It was now morning... and (Y/N), Naruto, and Sakura were around for Kakashi to show up.

(Y/N): Doesn't this make me nostalgic. He still hasn't stopped being late.

Sakura: But it doesn't make it any less annoying.

That's when Kakashi walked up to them.

Sakura: Finally, Sensei!

Kakashi: Yeah, uh, sorry about that! It took me a lot longer than I thought to, uh, finalize the squad dossier.

Naruto: Hello! This is our first new mission as a new team! Couldn't you be just a little excited? Kakashi-sensei, you haven't changed a bit, have you?

Sakura: <growls> Already you're annoying. Shut up! Don't waste your breath. You know he's always look unenthusiastic, like he doesn't care.

Kakashi: <thinking> Hmm. I don't seem to be inspiring a lot of respect here.

(Y/N) smiled softly and looked at Kakashi.

(Y/N): And he's not even excited that I'm here after being gone for two years. Oh, dear...

Kakashi: Uh, what? Hey, now, I'm ecstatic that you're here!

(Y/N): <shrugging> Oh, sure, now you're saying that.

Kakashi: What? Are you joking or what?

(Y/N): I don't know. Am I?

Kakashi: Uhhh...

Naruto and Sakura frowned. Usually, (Y/N) would gasp dramatically and make some sort of over dramatic scene. He was also more quiet than usual.

Sakura: Are you okay, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): <smiling softly> Of course I am. I was just joking, Kakashi-sensei.

Sakura: <thinking> There's that soft smile again. What happened to him over the two years? He seems more distant... and sad.

(Y/N) looked at everyone.

(Y/N): Are we going to go get a mission, or what?

Naruto: Oh! Yeah! Let's go!

...

The four Shinobi were now making their way towards Lady Tsunade's office.

Naruto: Oh, man, it'll feel so good to be on a real mission again!

Sakura: Listen, whatever kind of mission we're given, just take it, and don't complain about it.

Naruto: Don't sweat it, those days are over.

Kakashi: I hope so.

(Y/N) chuckled to himself.

Just then, a woman pushed past them.

Woman: Out of the way! Out of the way!

Sakura: What was that?

Naruto: <angry> Why don't you watch where you're going? Who do you think you are?

(Y/N): Calm down, Naruto. Let's go get our job.

Stars appeared in the blonde boy's eyes. He had an enormous grin on his face.

Naruto: Yeah!!

A few minutes later...

Naruto: HUH??!! Escort duty on a caravan?! Come on!