Chapter XV

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Yamato, (Y/N), Naruto, Sakura, and Sai we're back in Orochimaru's dimly lit lair.

Yamato: All right, we'll split into two teams here. Sakura and I will be a pair; (Y/N), Naruto, and Sai, you'll be together. If anything goes wrong, just manipulate your chakra. It'll activate the tree seed inside you and alert me. I'll come running right away.

The four young Shinobi nodded.

...

(Y/N) opened a door, while Naruto busted open the one next to him. They both were panting and sweating.

Naruto: Nope not here either...

Sai: <walking over to them> That's it for this level. Let's check the next one.

Naruto: Yup!

(Y/N): Geez. How big is this place?

As the three were making it up the next level, Naruto tripped and fell, huffing.

Sai: Naruto, Yamato split us up so we could check thrice as many rooms in the same amount of time. Just take it easy.

Naruto: Shut up! There's no time to rest! We've got to find Sasuke...

He tried to get up but fell back down again.

(Y/N): You're still weak from being in your Nine-Tails state. Let's rest for a bit. It does us no good if we find Sasuke all tired and worn out.

He grabbed Naruto's arm and dragged him over to the wall. Naruto leaned on it while (Y/N) and Sai sat on his right.

Sai: <to Naruto> Boy, you really are like him.

(Y/N): What do you mean, Sai?

Sai: My older brother. He was loud mouthed and impatient too, unrefined, uncouth... The list of his shortcomings goes on and on.

He held up his picture book with his brother's drawing to Naruto's face.

Sai: But you know, when he did something he gave it his all, just like you. Watching you has helped me remember him.

Naruto smiled, while (Y/N) smirked.

Suddenly, Sai's eyes went wide as he opened the book and started drawing in it.

Naruto: Hey! Drawing?! Now?!

Sai: I remembered! I finally remembered!

On the middle two pages of the book, he drew he and his brother holding hands and smiling.

Sai had a genuine smile on his face as he examined it.

Sai: The dream drawing that I wanted to show my brother...

(Y/N) and Naruto looked at each other before grinning.

(Y/N): You should smile like that more often, Sai. I knew you weren't so bad.

Sai looked at the drawing of his brother.

Sai: Although, now that I look at it, my brother had a hair color similar to yours, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Well, I'm sure it wasn't pure white like mine.

Sai: It wasn't, but it does remind me of him a lot.

Just then, they heard a footstep. All three boys looked at Orochimaru.

Orochimaru: Tell me, Sai, whose side are you really on?