Chapter VIII

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

After a while of searching, (Y/N), Sakura, and Chiyo found Naruto and Kakashi in the middle of the forest. Naruto was panting. Deidara was nowhere to be found.

Sakura: <to Kakashi> Finally we caught up with you.

Chiyo: It seems as though you're having some trouble over here.

Naruto: <smiling> (Y/N)... Sakura... You guys did it...

(Y/N): <smirking> Yup. But where's the other Akatsuki guy?

Chiyo: And Gaara?

Naruto glanced over at a tree branch where two of his Shadow Clones were holding Gaara's body.

Chiyo: Good.

They heard a rustling noise and saw Deidara emerge from the bushes. Suddenly, Guy and his team appeared in front of him.

Immediately, Deidara jumped, trying to get away. Team Guy followed him.

The Akatsuki member jumped onto his destroyed clay bird and began to eat it.

(Y/N): What the hell is he doing?

Kakashi: Everyone, be careful! He uses bombs to attack from a distance!

Deidara's body started to bulge.

Deidara: Let me show you my ultimate art. It's an explosion!

Neji: Everyone, get out of here!!

It was too late. Deidara's body exploded, and said explosion was moving too fast towards the Shinobi.

All of a sudden, the explosion disappeared.

Guy: What's going on?

Kakashi started to pant heavily before he staggered backwards. (Y/N) moved and caught him.

(Y/N): Kakashi-sensei?

Sakura: What on earth did you do?

Kakashi: I teleported him and the explosion to another space. Never mind that. Is everyone okay?

The Naruto clones brought Gaara's body to the ground. Naruto looked at Sakura, expectantly.

Everyone moved to a field out of the forest. Sakura placed her hands on Gaara's chest.

(Y/N) and Chiyo looked at each other.

Naruto: So?

Sakura pulled her hands away and shook her head. She slowly stood up and moved away from the body.

Tears began to fall from Naruto's eyes.

Naruto: Why... Gaara? Why always Gaara...? If he dies like this...! He's Kazekage... He's just become Kazekage...

Chiyo: Calm down, Naruto Uzumaki.

Naruto turned around, eyes filled with anger.

Naruto: SHUT UP!!! If you Sand Ninja hadn't put that monster in Gaara, none of this would have happened!!! Did you ever even consider what Gaara thought?! Did you ever even ask?!! You call him a Jinchuriki host?! Who are you to decide the fate for someone else?!

He started sobbing.

(Y/N) bit his lip but didn't say anything.

Sakura: Naruto...