Chapter XLII

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Tobi stood upside down on a tree branch, having just avoided multiple strikes of wood from Yamato.

The members of the Eight-Man Squad were all sweating and panting.

Yamato: This formation's no good either, huh... I can't believe he's been able to dodge all of our attacks.

(Y/N): I don't think it's that.

He and Kakashi both had their Sharingans activated, so they could track Tobi's movements.

Kiba: Naruto, our formation attack was dead on, right?

Naruto: Yeah.

Kiba: It should have worked!! So how was he able to evade it?!

(Y/N): He did get hit.

Kiba: Eh?

Naruto: Yeah... Just like when I attacked him with the Rasengan in the beginning. I know I got him then, too, but both the Rasengan and I slipped right through him.

Shino: So in short, he just made it look like he evaded it and you, while in actuality, he caused you and your jutsu to pass through him. Is that what you mean?

Naruto: <confused> Oh... Huh? Er...

Kiba: C'mon, Shino! Quit speaking in riddles!

(Y/N): It wasn't that hard to understand.

Sakura: It could be a clone, or some sort of Genjutsu, where he's making us see an illusion or vision.

Hinata: I-I thought so too at first, so I expanded the range of my Byakugan and surveyed the area for other chakra, but there's only one of him and it's other there.

Tobi jumped onto another tree branch.

Tobi: There!

(Y/N): I think we're actually just phasing through him.

Kakashi: Yes, it's some special jutsu that's unique to him, which makes it a real bother, but... Shino?

A huge swarm of bugs came flying out from under Shino's sleeves.

Shino: I know.

Kakashi: Under these circumstances, secret techniques such as Shino's are real helpful.

Tobi: Whoa! You're of the Aburame Clan! All wriggly and gross, man!

Kiba: Heh! You're rarin' to go, for once!

Shino: Of course. Since I was left behind last time.

(Y/N): Shino-kun's going to fight for real, now? Hooray!!

The swarm of bugs went flying towards Tobi, who jumped to avoid them easily.

Naruto: Hey, what's up with that? He dodged that easy!

Kakashi: The Aburame Clan does not specialize in pinpoint, narrowly focused attacks, but rather on wide-range, sweep-type assaults.

Kiba: Naruto, you haven't worked closely with Shino much, but relax! Just sit back and watch! And stay out of the bugs' way.

Shino: Disperse.

The swarm of bugs scattered all around Tobi, who looked around at them all.

(Y/N): Yay, Shino-kun!!