Chapter L

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Sai was walking by himself when Naruto, Sakura, and (Y/N) hurried over to him.

Sakura: Sai! We were just looking for you.

Naruto: We want to talk to you.

Sai: What is it?

(Y/N): Tell us everything you know about Danzo.

Sai: I can't.

Naruto: Why not?!

Sakura: Don't tell me you're back on his side!

(Y/N): No, that can't be it. Sai, what do you mean?

Sai: I'm literally physically unable to talk about Lord Danzo. Because of this...

He opened his mouth and stuck his tongue out. A black marking was on it.

Naruto: What the... What is that?

Sakura: It's a Curse Mark...

(Y/N): It makes sense that someone like Danzo would take that precaution.

Sai: Yes. It's was cast by Lord Danzo himself. If one tries to talk about Lord Danzo, one becomes completely paralyzed, unable to speak or move. All of us in the Foundation bear one.

Sakura: He's cautious, alright.

Sai: Of course. Lord Danzo and the Foundation are top-secret entities. We've done a lot of clandestine dirty work to keep this village safe, which is why we have to take steps to prevent any leakage of information. Such as making sure we can't spill a single word even if we're captured.

Sakura: But that's so extreme. I just can't accept placing Curse Marks on one's own subordinate!

(Y/N): I'm pretty sure the bat woman we captured had one as well. <thinks> Wait, what even happened to her?

Sai: That's how we've been able to protect and support Konoha from below. His methods may be heavy-handed, but he does care very deeply about the village.

Sakura: Then why did he revoke Lady Tsunade's edict regarding Sasuke?! He's planning to dispatch tracking units to chase after him!

Sai: <shocked> R-Really? He didn't mention anything about Sasuke to...

A sword was suddenly pointed at Sakura. Two dark-skinned teenagers stood before them, a female with red hair: Karui, and a male with white hair: Omoi.

Karui: So tell us about this Sasuke, eh. Since you seem to be such good friends with him!

(Y/N) drew Crimson from its sheath and swung around Sakura, striking Karui's sword.

Naruto used the opportunity to try to elbow Karui, but her companion, Omoi, blocked it with the hilt of his own sword.

Karui flipped over Omoi, swinging her sword.

Omoi: Don't cut him!

Karui: I know!

As she was about to strike, (Y/N) parried the attack with Crimson.

Karui: <impressed> Ho!

Sakura and Sai both leapt into action, the former going for Karui, and the latter going for Omoi.

Omoi jumped into the air, going for Sakura. He attempted to kick her, but she grabbed his feet and dragged him away from his companion.