Chapter XVIII

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(Y/N), Naruto, Sakura, Sai, and Yamato were walking down a path. They had just been assigned a new mission which was to deal with some grave robbers.

While walking, Naruto suddenly stopped and squatted, clasping his hands together with his eyes closed.

(Y/N): What the hell is he doing?

Sakura: Hey, hurry up, will ya? We're gonna leave you behind.

Sai stared at Naruto, whose body was shaking.

Sai: <thinking> Is he trembling? Of course! He must be scared. It was that conversation last night.

Flashback

(Y/N), Naruto, Sai, and Sakura were sitting around a fire at night.

Naruto: Come on. What could be taking Captain Yamato so long?

Sakura: I know, right? I wonder where he went off to.

They heard rustling nearby, and they all perked up.

(Y/N): If that's a giant cockroach I hear, I'm sacrificing Naruto to it.

Naruto: What?

Sakura: <nodding her head> Hopefully that would appease it.

Naruto: Hey!

Just then, a silhouette emerged from the forest. It resembled Yamato.

Naruto: Oh, hey! You're finally back!

Yamato pulled out a flashlight and shined it on his face, freaking Naruto out.

Naruto: Yikes!!

Yamato started laughing as he sat down next to them.

Naruto: Captain Yamato, don't scare us like that.

Yamato: Ah, sorry, sorry. I couldn't resist.

Naruto: Believe me, you're scary enough without putting on some kind of spooky act.

Yamato: Well, what can I say? You're an easy target, Naruto.

(Y/N): I'll say. He was scared some kind of giant cockroach would come out and attack us.

Naruto: Hey, wait a minute! That was you!

Sakura giggled before looking at Yamato.

Sakura: Anyway, Captain, back to what we were talking about earlier. Why would anyone want to rob from a grave? It's awful.

Yamato: It is. Often the graves of wealthy people are targeted. Thieves try to steal any valuable objects buried in the tomb. But in these robberies, the bodies and the treasures were undisturbed. It's a very troubling case. Every robbery has happened in the same area, all within five kilometers of the Fire Tenple, where we're all headed now.

Naruto: The Fire Temple?

Yamato: <nodding> They hired us for this mission. Catching thieves is a simple-enough job, but they specifically wanted Leaf Village ninja. So something tells me there's more to it than that. As a matter of fact, I've learned there are four hidden tombs in the area around the temple.

Sai: Do you think there's any chance the grave robbers could've been targeting those hidden tombs?

Yamato: There's a strong possibility.