Chapter XLIII

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

The Eight Man Squad and (Y/N) were returning back to Konoha. It was now dark outside.

As they ran through the trees, Sakura looked at (Y/N), worried. He hadn't spoken a word in hours.

Just then, a puff of smoke appeared ahead of them. Katsuyu landed on a nearby tree branch, letting out an oof.

The group stopped dead in their tracks, looking at the slug, confused and surprised.

Kakashi: <shocked> Lady Katsuyu?!

Katsuyu: Oh, Kakashi...

Kiba: What? Lady Katsuyu came all the way to greet us?

Shino: No, she didn't. There must be trouble. Because...

Yamato: Lady Tsunade only uses Lady Katsuyu during emergencies.

Kiba: I get it! So there's an urgent situation.

Shino froze, sweating. He was upset that he didn't get to finish his sentence.

Katsuyu explained that Mount Katsuragi was being invaded by enemies in order to get a forbidden jutsu of the Tsuchigumo Clan.

The Third Hokage had made a treaty with the clan that they would help protect it, and that Team 7 needed to be sent to do just that.

Katsuyu: Kakashi, you are to report to the village for details from your last mission.

Kakashi: Understood. We're battling against time. Team 7 will go with Captain Yamato and head for Mount Katsuragi immediately.

Sakura: Yes, sir!

She glanced at (Y/N) who was looking down. He didn't say anything. She frowned.

Naruto: Why aren't you coming, Kakashi-sensei?

Yamato: Is there a problem if it's just me?

He gave Naruto his signature creepy look, that scared the blond boy.

Naruto: <sweating> That's not what I meant...

Sakura: Kakashi-sensei... I don't think (Y/N) should go on this mission.

Everyone looked at her, surprised by her statement. (Y/N) lifted his head.

Kakashi: He shouldn't?

Sakura: H-He's clearly been through too much in a short amount of time. First fighting that Akatsuki member, seeing Sasuke and then immediately losing him again, and then learning about Itachi's death...

(Y/N): Would it be okay if I didn't go, Lasy Katsuyu? Sakura's right. I-I'm not in the right headspace for a mission right now... Sorry...

Katsuyu: Well, Lady Tsunade only wanted me to make sure that Naruto was going. I believe it is all right if you do not go.

(Y/N): Thank you.

He looked at Sakura and gave her a soft smile.

(Y/N): Thank you, Sakura.

The pink haired girl blushed a bit but nodded her head, smiling.

Kakashi: It's decided, then. You'd better get going.

Yamato: Right. Let's go.

Sai waved goodbye to (Y/N) before following the captain. Naruto and Sakura did the same.