Chapter XVI

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Yamato, (Y/N), Naruto, Sakura, and Sai stood in front of Tsunade who was sitting in her office. Shizune was standing next to her while holding Tonton. They had told her everything that happened with Sasuke.

Tonton: Oink!

Tsunade: I see. <sighs> And?

Naruto: We're not giving up no matter what.

Tsunade: <smirks> All right then. If that's the case, we'll roll you right into your next mission. Stand by at home, and I'll be calling you soon.

Naruto: Yes, ma'am!

...

(Y/N) knocked on the door to Minerva's house. He heard some rustling and the sound of a swear.

Minerva: <voice> Coming!

He heard more rustling before the door opened, revealing Minerva. She looked tired and her hair was messy.

Minerva: Oh, you're back!

(Y/N): Are you okay?

Minerva: Of course not. What happened on the mission?

(Y/N): <looking down> We didn't bring him back. But I saw and got to talk to him.

Minerva frowned. She hugged him.

Minerva: I'm sorry, (Y/N). At least you made it back safe.

(Y/N): I also met... her.

Minerva's eyebrow twitched.

Minerva: Did that bitch do something to you? Wait... Is that a Sharingan?

(Y/N) told her the whole story of the mission including his meeting with Yugen.

Minerva leaned against the doorframe. She sighed and rubbed her forehead.

Minerva: I'm so sorry, (Y/N). I don't even know what to say.

(Y/N): Was it really just bad luck? My entire life so far was because she played eenie-meenie-miney-mo?

Minerva: You can't just look at the negative side. If that hadn't happened, you wouldn't have made all the friends you have now. You wouldn't have met Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura, me, or Ayuka.

(Y/N): Yeah...

Minerva: Come inside. I'll make something for us to eat. And I also have someone to show you.

(Y/N): <confused> Someone?

The two walked inside. Sitting at the table, reading a book was Akio. He noticed (Y/N) and froze in place.

(Y/N): Uh...

Minerva: (Y/N), this is Akio. Akio, this is (Y/N). I guess you could say he's your, uh, big brother in a way.

(Y/N) waved at Akio, who remained frozen.

(Y/N): <whispers> Who's this, Minerva?

Minerva: <whispers> Ayuka's kid.

(Y/N): WHAT?!!

Akio flinched.

Minerva: Keep your voice down. Anyway, yeah, he's Ayuka's son.

(Y/N): Ayuka had a son?!

Minerva: <nods> She left him with his father when she travelled to the Leaf Village. While you were away on your mission, his deadbeat dad brought him here for me to take care of because he's a piece of shit.