Chapter XL

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Neji, Lee, Tenten, Suigetsu, Karin, and Jugo all looked shocked at the huge nearby explosion. It got bigger and bigger.

Neji: Crap, that thing's coming right towards us!

Tenten: How big can that thing be?!

Karin: Not good! Run!!

As the range of the explosion continued to grow, the two teams split up, running in oppposite directions.

...

When the dust cleared, Hebi stood in a plain, panting heavily.

Jugo: What was that explosion? Who could have caused it?

Suigetsu: I don't know, but now that I think about it, that was right where Sasuke and his brother went off to fight I'm pretty sure!

Jugo: What?! Karin?

Karin closed her eyes and gasped.

Karin: I can't sense Sasuke's chakra!!

Suigetsu: Oh, no...!

He grabbed a scroll that Sasuke had given him earlier. The snake on it slowly disappeared.

Jugo: What do we do now?

Karin: That scroll summons Orochimaru's snake... Sasuke gave it to us for a reason.

Suigetsu: So we summon it?

Jugo: It's not like we have that many options right now. We got separated from our opponents too.

The three made their way to the center of where the explosion happened. A massive, massive crater was there.

Right in the middle of it, Suigetsu rolled out the summoning scroll. Karin handed him a small container of Sasuke's blood.

Suigetsu dropped some on the scroll and slapped his hand on it.

Suigetsu: Summoning Jutsu!!

In a big puff of smoke, Manda appeared, grievously wounded and burned. It was laying on the ground.

Karin: What the hell happened to it?

Jugo: Did Sasuke summon it during his fight with his brother? It must have been caught in the explosion.

A groan was heard, and Sasuke lumbered out of the snake's open mouth. He was dragging (Y/N)'s unconscious body behind him.

When he landed on the ground, he fell on his knees, panting heavily.

Hebi: Sasuke!!

Suigetsu: Hey, you're all beat up! Who were you fighting?

Karin knelt down next to Sasuke as Manda spoke.

Manda: You...used me... You insolent...striplings... Those eyes... You...hypnotized me...with those eyes... How...dare...you...

The snake stopped talking after that and laid still.

Suigetsu: Oh dear, he's dead. Wasn't Manda also Orochimaru's favorite pet? You ought to treat animals better and not force Genjutsu on them.

Karin: Shut up, Suigetsu. No one cares about that.

Sasuke: I had no choice. There was no time...

Karin: Your chakra disappeared, Sasuke. I didn't know what to think, but I guess you were teleporting, huh?