Chapter IX

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

After the group made it back to Konohagakure, Kakashi was sent to the hospital, while (Y/N) and Sakura meet with Tsunade and Shizune on the balcony of the Hokage building.

They told her about Sasori's information.

Tsunade: Can you trust the information? What if it's a trap? Maybe the Akatsuki is using Orochimaru's name as bait to lure us to this Tenchi Bridge where they'll ambush us?

Sakura: If it is a trap, then we fight!

Tsunade: Yes, but Kakashi will be out of commission for over a week now. And there are only six days left until the rendezvous, so the only solution is to assemble a new team...

Shizune: In that case, why not just deploy a different team? And even if you decide to send Sakura and (Y/N) along with them, I feel Naruto should be removed from this mission.

(Y/N): What? But—

Tsunade held up her hand to stop him from talking.

Tsunade: Like you, Shizune, Sakura is along the very few Shinobi that I trust implicitly. This mission must involve the remaining members of Team Kakashi.

Shizune: You don't think my team can handle it?

Tsunade: Frankly, no. This is more than just a mission to Team Kakashi. It's personal. Sasuke is not merely their former teammate. He's their friend. They've pledged their lives to rescuing him. Their desire to honor that pledge is why they will succeed, and why you and your team, Shizune, might not.

They all suddenly heard Naruto's voice. He was standing on the roof.

Naruto: I'd say we gotta get some new teammates!

He then jumped off of the roof and disappeared into the city.

Tsunade: <sighing> So impatient. I'm not finished yet.

(Y/N): I'll go after him.

Tsunade: Yes. We will fill the two vacancies left by Kakashi and Sasuke. Please inform him, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Yes, ma'am.

With that, he jumped off of the roof and ran after Naruto. He eventually caught up to him. He was standing near a tree.

(Y/N): There you are, Naruto!

Naruto: Oh! (Y/N), do you know who would be good for the job?

Before (Y/N) could answer, someone walked over to the two of them.

???: So the rumors are true... You're back, (Y/N). And Naruto, too.

Naruto: Do I know you?

???: It's me!

Naruto: Like I said, do I know you?!

???: Hey, I know it's been a while, but you should at least try to remember you friends, you know. Or else it just hurts the other person's feelings.

(Y/N) gasped and a smile formed on his face.

(Y/N): ✨Shinoooo!!✨

Naruto: What! Oh! You're right! I know that irritating voice! It is Shino!

Shino ignored Naruto and walked towards (Y/N).

Shino: You're an asshole, you know that? You scared me. I thought you might be dead.