The Storm Before The Calm

Marinette and Nate were watching an excited Manon jump around excitedly while cheering.

"Yay, Mireille won. She's going to be the new weather girl." Manon cheers happily.

"How does such a tiny package have so much energy?" Nate asks with a raised eyebrow as he stares at the cheering Manon.

"I have been asking that since Nadja and mama asked if I could start babysitting Manon." Marinette sighs before looking at Manon.

"Now, then, Manon. Let's address what you did." Marinette tells Manon in a slightly stern tone.

Manon stops jumping around and looks at Marinette a little nervously.

"Manon, you're not allowed to take people's stuff like that. How would you like it if people did that to you?" Marinette lightly chastises with a disappointed look.

"I wouldn't." Manon quietly answers as she puts her head down.

"That's right. That's why you shouldn't do that type of thing." Marinette tells her.

"I just wanted Mireille to win." Manon starts to tear up.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. You're not in trouble. Luckily you didn't hurt anything and only made us chase you a little. So, I'm not too angry with you." Marinette crouches down and tells Manon.

Manon looks up at Marinette with her slightly teared-up eyes before asking.

"You're not?"

"No, I'm not. At least not yet. However, just because you had a good cause doesn't mean you can steal something, Manon. I've already told you this before." Marinette tells her.

"I know." Manon quietly nods.

"You can't keep doing this, Manon. You may get in big trouble; if you break something that you take." Marinette warns her.

"I'm sorry," Manon tells her.

Marinette can only give her a disappointed look. She then sighs and says this to Manon.

"If you do this again. I'm going to have to tell your mom." Marinette says this in a tone that tells Nate and Manon she doesn't want to.

"NOOO!" Manon shouts in distress.

"I won't now because you did give it back. I promise. However, I will if you do it again." Marinette warns her.

Manon looks down sadly with small tears and nods. Nate sees this and decides to take pity on the poor girl.

"Alright, how about we go out and get some ice cream? She's been properly scolded and warned now, so it should be no harm." Nate states while looking at Marinette.

Marinette looks at him with an unamused look and then looks at Manon. She then sighs and agrees. Upon hearing this, Manon perks up slightly.

"Ice cream?" She asks excitedly.

"Yep, you were already scolded and understand what you did was wrong, right?" Nate asks Manon.

Manon nods.

"Then I think we all can get some ice cream. To lighten the mood and celebrate Mireille's victory." Nate smiles.

Manon cheers and goes towards the door.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Marinette whispers to him with a raised eyebrow.

"I think it'll be okay. It was my phone. Plus, you did give a warning. At worst, another talk will happen after the ice cream. Sorry, I don't like seeing little kids cry." Nate tells her with a wince.