Bad Cover Image

It was lunchtime, and Miss Bustier's class was leaving class to get something to eat. Nate walks up to Marinette and stretches.

"Man, lunch could not have come any later for me," Nate exhaustedly tells Marinette.

"Was it really that bad?" Marinette asks him.

"The tension was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. Those two do not like each other." Nate mutters as he looks tired.

"I feel bad for you. It seems like this project is going to be exhausting for you. Having to deal with Chloe." Marinette tells him in pity.

"Chloe is fine right now. She's focusing on getting the reading done and ignoring Alya and me. It's the tension I can feel and what I know is going to happen in the future that's the problem." Nate sighs.

Marinette raises an eyebrow, and he explains.

"When we have to talk with each other about our projects. I can already hear the insults Chloe has planned and Alya's anger." Nate tells her.

Marinette made a noise of understanding before opening her bag and grabbing two lunch boxes.

"Here you go. Jean-Yves asked me to bring this for you." Marinette tells him as she hands him one of the lunch boxes.

"Thanks," Nate tells her with a smile before they look for somewhere to sit.

Nino could tell something was off with Adrien when he sat next to Nino to eat. He seems down and worried about something. It looks like something was bothering him pretty badly.

"What's the matter, dude?" Nino asks his friend worriedly.

Adrien's eyes widen as if not expecting that. He turns to Nino and says.

"Oh, just thinking about the group project and my group," Adrien tells him.

"Was it that obvious that something was on my mind?" He wonders in his head.

"You sure, dude?" Nino presses to see if anything else is going on.

"Well, I may want to help Ivan but don't know how." Adrien nervously tells Nino.

Nino blinks in confusion and decides to continue this conversation.

"What do you mean help him?" Nino asks, unsure of what Adrien was on about when it came to Ivan.

"Haven't you noticed how everyone has been avoiding him?" Adrien asks Nino.

Nino purses his lips as he thinks about Adrien's question. Truthfully, he never really paid attention to things around him or Adrien. When Adrien and himself weren't talking, Nino always put his headphones on and focused on the music playing. So, he could be ignorant of what was happening around him and not very observant at times. Though, now that Adrien mentions it, he is starting to remember people avoiding Ivan and acting nervous around him.

"Huh, now that you mention it, I think I have seen people giving him the social pariah treatment," Nino tells Adrien after a couple of minutes of thinking.

"Exactly, and today in class, Mylene looked uncomfortable around him, and it seemed to upset Ivan," Adrien tells him sadly.

"I don't know what to tell you, dude. Everyone is still worried about those who got turned into an Akuma. People still think they're working for Hawkmoth somehow, I guess." Nino tells his friend with a shrug, signaling that he didn't know if they could do anything.

Adrien had a look of displeasure on his face. He knew that wasn't true from his time as Cat Noir and the reactions he's seen of the victims every time they were defeated and turned back to normal. However, he remembered the fact that others wouldn't know this.