Thoughts on The Critiques

It's been a couple of days since Lady Wifi attacked the school, and everything had calmed down quickly. It seems like Paris's population was starting to adapt to Hawkmoth and his Akumas. Whether that is a good or bad sign for Paris is a widespread debate among its residents.

Adrien and Nate are in their fencing class. However, the two don't seem to be doing so well today.

Nate thrusts his sword forward to try and hit his sparring partner in the chest. However, his opponent manages to repel it with a parry. His opponent then uses the momentum from that parry to stab him in the chest. In other words, his opponent performed a riposte against Nate.

On the other hand, Adrien fends off an opponent that continuously attacks him with quite a bit of force in their thrusts. However, Adrien's opponent manages to accidentally disarm him and then takes the chance to stab him in the chest.

"Enough." D'Argencourt orders after seeing the results from the two matches.

"Dupain, you were too reckless in your attacks. That was a well-executed riposte you performed, Clément." D'Argencourt chastises Nate while complimenting his opponent.

The opponent removes their helmet to reveal a girl with tan skin, green eyes, and short black hair with green highlights. The girl smiles when she hears D'Argencourt's compliment.

D'Argencourt then turns to Adrien and his opponent.

"Agreste, you were far too hesitant today. You're usually much better at finding a way to push your opponent and have the chance to attack." D'Argencourt tells Adrien before turning to his opponent.

"As for you, Auclair. You were far too forceful with how you fought. There has to be more control and grace in your moves, or you'll risk getting countered. You also shouldn't have continued that match when Agreste lost his blade. When a fencer disarms their opponent, the match halts." D'Argencourt explains to his student.

Adrien's opponent removes his helmet to reveal an unhappy teen boy with short brown buzz-cut hair, blue eyes, and light skin.

"But I've seen people win matches after disarming their opponent." The teen angrily tells D'Argencourt.

D'Argencourt doesn't react to the teen's tone and calmly answers him as if this is something he's used to or expected.

"Simple, you didn't disarm your opponent on purpose. To score the point, you have to be able to disarm your opponent and then hit them in the same move." D'Argencourt explains to the angry student.

Auclair doesn't say anything after D'Argencourt says that and grumbles to himself.

"Now then, next group, step up and begin your sparring matches." D'Argencourt orders, and the four students that had just fought got off the fencing mats.

Nate grabs a bottle of water and starts to drink it as Clément comes over to him with a smile. Nate looks at her, and she grins before sticking her hand out to him for a handshake.

"Good match." She tells him.

Nate takes the hand and says.

"You too." He nods.

She then walks off, and Adrien comes over to him to talk.

"Well, she seems nice," Adrien tells him with a smile.

"Yep, at least nicer than your opponent," Nate tells him with a slight smirk as he looks at the annoyed Auclair.

"Y-yeah, he's a pretty competitive guy. I was honestly scared that he would injure me during our match." Adrien tells Nate nervously as he imagines his previous opponent injuring him.