Show and Tell

The next day, Marinette and Nate are peacefully resting in their beds before there's a knock at Marinette's door. Marinette doesn't react to the sound, causing Sabine to open the door and walk toward her daughter.

"Marinette, we have to get up. It's time for school. We're going to be late if you don't get up." Sabine shakes her daughter awake.

Finally, Marinette opens her eyes and sees Sabine's smiling face.

"*yawn* What are you doing here, Mom?" Marinette asks in confusion while trying to wake up.

"Can't a mother wake her daughter up instead of their butler? You never had a problem with it before." Sabine says with a giggle at her daughter's reaction.

Finally starting to wake up and have her mind catch up with her, Marinette's eyes widen as she realizes what today is and immediately sits up.

"Ah, school." Marinette panics as she gets out of bed to get ready.

Sabine smiles and shakes her head at her daughter's antics as she rushes toward her closet to get ready for school.

She quickly leaves the room to let her daughter get ready and heads toward Nate's room. She knocks on the door. Luckily, Nate comes to the door in his video game pajamas.

"Morning. Time for school, I'm guessing." Nate says while rubbing the sleep from one of his eyes as he looks at Sabine.

"Yes. I'll be walking to school with you two." Sabine tells him with a smile.

"Alright." Nate nods before closing the door to get ready.

After that, Sabine heads toward the hotel lobby to wait for the teens. After a few minutes, Nate is the first to come down in a dark blue hoodie with blue jeans and his usual sneakers while carrying his school bag.

"Good morning, Sabine." He says with a smile as he walks toward the waiting woman.

"Good morning, Nate. I see you're the first one down." Sabine says with a smile.

Nate says nothing and shrugs before sitting in one of the lobby seating areas to wait for Marinette. It takes a few minutes, but she finally comes down with her signature ladybug-themed jacket over a pink short-sleeve shirt with white pants. It's a reversal of her usual outfit. She even has a bracelet with a sunflower-shaped ornament on her wrist.

"Sorry, it took me so long. I wanted to try out a different outfit." Marinette apologizes as she does a little twirl to show off her clothes.

"It looks lovely, sweetie," Sabine says with a smile as she looks over Marinette's outfit.

"Thanks." Marinette beams at her mother's approval.

The trio leave the hotel and walk toward school. The walk there is silent for a while before Sabine looks toward Marinette.

"So, how is getting Ladybug to talk to us going?" Sabine asks Marinette.

That question causes Marinette to freeze and awkwardly stare at her mother as she tries to say something.

"W-well. S-she usually comes to me for information. I don't really have a way to talk to her." Marinette awkwardly tells her mother.

"I see." Sabine hums while keeping a close eye on her daughter.

Seeing the awkward atmosphere, Nate looks for a way to change it and notices they're near Agreste Manor.

"Hey, Sabine. Do you know the stories around Agreste Manor?" Nate asks his new aunt while hoping it'll be enough to steer the conversation away.