Love is in the Air

It's been a week since Princess Fragrance, and today was a special day for Paris, Valentine's Day. Well, not quite. It isn't actually Valentine's Day in Paris since it's nowhere near February. However, Mayor Dupain has decided to create another day similar to Valentine's Day to try and keep positive emotions up in Paris.

Marinette and Nate are in Nate's room messing with the Miracle Box. This time, the two collected various items that represent loyalty. Now they were going to test them on the box. These things include a sunflower, a fake badge, keys, a collar, bamboo, and even a stuffed wolf. There is also a water bottle next to the piece of bamboo.

"Why did you bring a stuffed wolf and fake badge?" Marinette asks him with a raised eyebrow as he sees the items in question in Nate's hands.

"Where am I supposed to get a real wolf and badge? What, am I supposed to break into a zoo and mug a cop?" Nate asks her with a raised eyebrow while holding the items.

Marinette shrugs before telling him.

"I think it'd take a real badge or wolf to make the box work."

"Well, my parents don't spoil me that much. So, this is the best I can do." Nate shrugs while holding the items before looking at the things she brought.

"Why did you bring keys?" Nate asks her with a raised eyebrow as he sees a pair of keys in her hand.

Marinette blushes in embarrassment and says.

"Well, I grabbed whatever I could find online that represents loyalty," Marinette tells him with a slight shrug.

"Well, let's see if anything works." Nate sighs as they get to work and try to figure out how to open the box.

Marinette trails the keys on different sides of the box to see if it unlocks anything. While Nate hovers the fake badge in front of different sides to see if anything like what happened with the mirror works here. When that doesn't do anything, they move on to the next set of items they brought. Nate rubs the sunflower across the box, but nothing seems to happen. Marinette then tries to pour water on it by running it in the bamboo and letting it leak out onto the box. Nothing happens when the water hits the puzzle box this way. They try all the other items, but nothing seems to work, much to their frustration.

"You have got to be kidding me." Nate groans in annoyance before falling onto his back.

Marinette sighs in annoyance as she looks at the puzzle box with a glare.

"What are we missing here?" Marinette asks herself as she looks at the puzzle box.

"Maybe you're right, and we need a real wolf. Or at least, maybe wolf or dog drool." Nate tells her as he holds the fake wolf toy up and stares at it from the floor.

"I don't think we can bring a real wolf into the hotel. Maybe we should try and get a real badge and see if that would work." Marinette tells him with a sigh.

"Ah, well. We'll figure out something." Nate shrugs as he gets up to get ready for school.

Marinette stands up and heads to her room, but before she leaves the room, she sends one last look at the puzzle box while thinking.

"What could we be missing?" 

Later that day, the two are sitting in class as it is coming to an end. Right now, Miss Bustier is talking to her class about the assignment. Specifically, the fairy tale section.

"As I'm sure you've all read, in most fairy tales involving a princess, it ends with a kiss. Can any of you tell me why that is?" Miss Bustier asks her class with a smile as she leans back on her desk.