Getting The Scoop

After that little confrontation, everyone in the classroom calmed down as they waited for class to start. During that time, the rest of Miss Bustier's students showed up and took their seats as they waited for class to start. Finally, when the bell rings, Miss Bustier looks at her students with a smile.

"Good morning, everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend." She begins as she looks at her students.

"Today, we'll continue your essays on comparing stories with fairy tales. Also, I heard about how Ms. Mendeleiev gave you another essay. So, I've decided to move the project turn-in date back." Miss Bustier tells her students with a sweet smile.

Everyone in her class looks ecstatic when they hear that news. Alix and Kim pump their fists back, Marinette and Sabrina smile in relief, and the others sigh in relief as they hear this.

"I'm glad you all are so happy hearing this news. I figured it would be too mentally exhausting for you if you had two projects you needed to turn in, even if you had a lot of class time to work on them. Now, I want everyone to get back into your groups. I have to step out for a few minutes while you work." Miss Bustier tells her class.

Her students do what she tells them, and she leaves the room.

"Wish me luck," Nate whispers to Marinette as he gets up to join Alya and Chloe.

Marinette gives him a look of pity and nods before she heads over to join her group at Sabrina's desk. To her surprise, Alix was grinning at her before saying.

"Hey Marinette, love what you did for Nathaniel," Alix tells her as she raises her fist towards Marinette for a fistbump.

Marinette accepts the fistbump with a slight blush on her face while Sabrina looks at them in confusion.

"What are you two talking about?" Sabrina asks them.

"Oh, you should have seen it. Chloe was targeting Nathaniel this morning, and Marinette stepped in to help him. That blond boy also helped when he got here too." Alix tells Sabrina with a grin.

Sabrina looks at Marinette, Adrien, Nathaniel, and Chloe before releasing an annoyed sigh. She then looks back at Marinette apologetically.

"I'm sorry you had to stop Chloe for me, Marinette," Sabrina tells Marinette apologetically.

"It wasn't your fault. Chloe is the one who was trying to cause trouble even though Nathaniel wasn't in control of himself." Marinette quickly tells Sabrina.

"Yeah, she's the one who always antagonizes everyone," Alix adds to what Marinette is saying with a nod.

Sabrina looks at them for a few seconds with a smile before sighing.

"I still wish I hadn't run late this morning so I could break it up," Sabrina tells them.

"Will you relax already? You don't have to keep babysitting her." Alix tells Sabrina in a slightly annoyed tone.

Sabrina winces at the tone Alix takes with her, and Marinette gives her a worried look.

"Are you okay?" She asks Sabrina worriedly.

Sabrina looks at her and then at Chloe before looking back at Marinette with a sigh.

"Yeah, it's just that Chloe and I used to be friends until she started acting like this in our final year of lycée. It makes me feel like I could have done something to stop her from acting like this." Sabrina reveals to Marinette sadly.

Alix makes a noise of realization as her mouth forms a perfect o.

"So that's why you're always around her. That explains so much." Alix says out loud.