Conversations

It was the day after Stormy Weather appeared. Things went as expected; people were unsure of whether to leave their homes or not. One good thing did come from this, though. The contest is getting investigated after Alec's confession. So, Aurore may have a chance, later on, to become the weather girl again.

"So, you have a date with Cat Noir?" Nate asks Marinette while playing his handheld game device.

Marinette was at her desk sketching different clothing designs.

"It's not a date. However, we do plan to meet up and want to figure out everything." Marinette explains while working.

"Speaking of that. Can I please try to get a Miraculous from the Miracle Box? I know we've had this conversation several times before, but I think we really need at least one more Miraculous." Nate tells her seriously.

"And I told you that you heard what Tikki said. They may not choose you even if you solve the box. It could make things worse." Marinette tells him with an annoyed sigh.

"Look, you told me what happened during your fight with Stormy Weather. And you didn't technically defeat Stoneheart, Hawkmoth recalled him. Don't you think it's worth the risk to try and get a third teammate to tip the scales?" Nate asks her in worry as he stares at her while lying on his back.

Marinette sighs and puts her pencil down. She then begins to think about Nate's words. Finally, she makes a decision.

'I'd like it if you give me more time to see what Cat Noir is like, Nate. He's my only ally right now, so I'd like to get to know him before we try this plan. That way, I may have one person I can trust if a Kwami doesn't pick you to wield their Miraculous." Marinette tells Nate while turning to look at him.

Nate looks at her and groans.

"Fine, we'll wait and see I still don't like the idea of leaving you two on your own, though. Can I at least try to figure out how to open the box? So, if you want to risk it, we can open one quicker instead of waiting longer." Nate asks his cousin.

Marinette gives Nate a look, and he raises his hands in defense.

"I won't open it immediately after figuring it out. I promise. I think it may be smart if we at least understand how to open it if we need more Miraculous to protect Paris, though. The guy you're fighting can make powerful supervillains from a hiding hole. That is a pretty op power to have." Nate explains his reasoning for wanting to experiment with opening the Miracle Box.

Marinette sighs before calling their third member.

"Tikki, can you come out, please?" Marinette asks while looking towards a doll house.

Marinette had decided to get Tikki a doll house during their time off after the Stoneheart attack. Tikki has been living there since in Marinette's room.

"Yes, Marinette?" Tikki asks with a smile.

"Do you think it's right to let him mess with the Miracle Box?" Marinette asks while pointing towards Nate.

"That's up to you, Marinette. It's your possession and your decision." Tikki tells Marinette.

"But doesn't it have your friends locked inside of it?" Marinette asks in confusion.

"I wouldn't say locked inside it per se. I'd say it's more of a vacation home if we want to take a break from our duties of choosing and teaching humans to wield our powers. Different Kwami wait for someone to open it, and then we go back to work until returned to it." Tikki tells Marinette with a smile.

"So, they aren't trapped in there?" Nate asks, surprised.

"Nope, we've more or less made it a test to see if a certain era is worthy of gaining our Miraculous. If someone in the current time can open it, the Kwami will choose someone to become their wielder. If not, we wait." Tikki tells them.