The Project Matter

It was 8:15 a.m, and Nate was waiting for Marinette to arrive at school. Adrien and Nino had already gone to class, so he was only him waiting at the entrance for her. Well, that wasn't true. Nate had noticed someone else waiting until the last minute at the front door. Alya was also at the entrance, and she held the photo with Ladybug's face cut out and pointed at various girls that walked to school. Nate couldn't see the picture but did get curious about what she was doing.

"What are you doing?" Nate asks as he walks up to her.

Alya turns to him and grins.

"Oh, I'm just using this picture to try and figure out who Ladybug is?" Alya honestly explains to Nate.

Nate's eyes widen in surprise when he hears that.

"Why are you doing that?" Nate said in a surprised and slightly panicked tone.

"Well, because everyone deserves to know about the person protecting them. Plenty of heroes talk about themselves." Alya tells him.

"What heroes do that?" Nate asks in surprise.

"Don't you know, some of the United Heroez revealed their identity, and they come out fine," Alya explains to him in a tone that suggests it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I did not know that, no," Nate tells her, his tone calming down after getting over the shock of what Alya was trying to do.

"Well, if heroes can do that in America, then I don't see why we can't do that here. People should get to know more about the people protecting them after all. It'll help the public feel more comfortable around those heroes, right?" Alya asks him with a grin.

"I mean, shouldn't the heroes get to decide when they reveal themselves?" Nate asks Alya.

"But what if they never do? The public won't be as comfortable if the heroes keep secrets from us. Besides, so much help can be provided to the heroes by those around them if their identities are known." Alya explains to him.

"What do you mean by help?" Nate asks in confusion while his eyes drift to the streets, trying to catch Marinette before Alya.

"Duh, they can get help with work while they're busy, help tracking down Hawkmoth, and maybe later they can become members of the superhero team," Alya explains.

Nate looks at Alya blankly while thinking.

"That is pretty much what I'm doing; and what I'm trying to do. Well, except for helping track down Hawkmoth." Nate thought now that he thought about his role in Marinette's life.

"Plus, they could get royalties for all the merchandise on them. I've already seen plenty of Ladybug and Cat Noir-themed merchandise around. That could go to the heroes and make their lives a bit easier while they're saving us. That's why I'm trying to figure out their identity right now. First will be Ladybug's and then Cat Noir's." Alya tells him with a smile.

"Alright, but what's with the papers?" Nate asks her as he sees the two stacks under her arms separated by plastic zip ties.

"Oh, these?" Alya asks as she looks at the papers in her arms.

Nate nods, and Alya seems to gain a better grin than before.

"These are for my new newspaper club and new website," Alya said as she pulled out two different posters for Nate to see.

"The Ladyblog is gonna be for learning more about our heroes, and the club is gonna help spread the word about them and other news around the school," Alya explains to Nate.

"That's cool," Nate tells Alya before catching sight of Marinette.

He quickly rushes to be in front of her before Alya can do anything.