After School Job

In the middle of the day, standing out front of the hotel run by Nate's father is Miss Bustier's class. In front of them are Samuel, Miss Bustier, Nate, and Marinette, next to a table with a raffle machine full of tickets next to them.

"Welcome to Le Grand Paris, students. My name is Samuel Dupain, brother of Mayor Tom Dupain and owner of the hotel. I'm also the father of this young man that I'm sure you're all acquainted with." Samuel tells the class in a kind and enthusiastic tone while rubbing Nate's hair.

"Dad." Nate groans in frustration as he pushes his dad's hand off, much to the amusement of his peers.

"Hahaha, sorry, Son. It's part of a parent's job description." Samuel laughs before looking towards the students.

"Thanks to the generosity of Mr. Dupain, we're able to have our work experience field trip today at the Grand Paris luxury hotel. Each of you will get hands-on experience with one of the many jobs here at the hotel. What jobs do you have prepared for them, Mr. Dupain?" Miss Bustier asks.

"Well, we have a doorman position, pool boy, cleaner, garbage man, and my personal favorite, the gopher position open for students. Of course, there are more than those that the students will have to do." Samuel explains to the students before motioning toward the raffle machine.

"You'll each be drawing a raffle. Whatever job it says will be the job you'll start with. Every hour or two, we'll have you swap positions with another student so everyone can find a job they might enjoy here." Samuel explains.

"Now, who would like to go first?" Samuel asks the student body.

"Oh, me, I'll go first." Kim excitedly says while waving his hand.

"Alright then, come up and draw one," Samuel tells him while grabbing the raffle machine's lever and spinning it to mix the folded notes inside up.

Kim rushes over, and Samuel stops spinning it to let him pick a card. When Kim unfolds the card, he sees the word doorman on it.

"Oh, perfect, we still haven't found a replacement doorman," Samuel says with a grin, and Kim leaves.

The rest of the class follows Kim's example and grabs their jobs from the machine.

Alix, Ivan, and Sabrina got maid duty and will be helping them clean the guests' rooms.

Nate, Chloe, and Adrien all got front desk duty and would be helping guests to their rooms.

Rose, Nino, and Max have kitchen duty and would learn from the chefs while helping the waiters pass out the food.

Juleka, Mylène, and Nathaniel have pool duty. They'll be helping clean the pool while ensuring people are being safe.

That leaves Alya helping sort out the garbage with the recycling while Marinette is the one to get the gopher job.

"And remember, while this trip was completely voluntary and doesn't affect you in any way school-wise, you're still expected to be on good behavior while helping here. With that said, I also want you to try and have some fun here during your time." Samuel tells everyone before letting them enter the hotel lobby and then leave for their jobs.

As she's leaving, Alya looks incredibly frustrated.

"I can't believe my first job will be working in a trash can. I was hoping to spend time with Mom while here." She groans.

Marinette, on the other hand, looks at her card in confusion.

"Excuse me, Samuel," Marinette calls for her uncle's attention.

"Yes, Marinette," Samuel says, giving her his full attention.

"What's a gopher?" Marinette asks him.

"Oh, a gopher is an employee who goes for anything a customer needs. Some customers here are so busy that they can't go out and get items themselves, so they employ people to do it for them. Your job will be to get those objects they request from around the hotel or near the area." Samuel explains to her.