😶😶!!....A BETROTHAL....!!😶😶

Wei Wuxian was languidly sleeping on the roof this time, when his frankly adorable Shidi's angry voice reached him.

"Wei Wuxian! You better not be sleeping just about anywhere again!" Jiang Wanyin gritted his teeth in anger.

Wei Wuxian unwillingly opened his eyes, his perfect nap ruined and jumped down from the roof. Jiang Wanyin saw the entire thing but only grumbled and didn't say anything.

Today, was a happy day for Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian's father's sworn brother was visiting Lotus Pier today and despite the Sect the man hailed from, he absolutely spoiled Wei Wuxian everytime they met.

Wei Wuxian was beyond grateful to his Jiang-Shushu who equally loved him and had raised him since he was only six. But he knew, that being in Yunmeng Jiang forever is not his destiny. And so did his siblings....

Wei Wuxian skipped happily along the docks, chatting with Jiang Cheng who threatened to push him into the water every now and then and Wei Wuxian laughed happily.

Jiang Yanli, their beautiful, kind, wonderful sister was waiting at the pavilion.

"A-Xian, A-Cheng! Come quickly, Lan-Zongzhu, has already arrived," she said, smiling as Wei Wuxian brightened up.

"Lan-Shushu came already?" The seventeen year old excitedly said and speed walked to the main hall.

And indeed, there he was, Qingheng-Jun, Lan-Zongzhu, dressed immaculately as he sipped his tea.

"Lan-Shushu, Jiang-Shushu!" Wei Wuxian greeted as Lan Qingming's face softened into a smile.

However,....

"Wei Wuxian! Greet Lan-Zongzhu properly!" Yu Ziyuan snapped at her head disciple.

Wei Wuxian's smile dimmed but he properly bowed and said his greetings just as his siblings did.

Lan Qingming glanced at Yu Ziyuan wordlessly as Yu Ziyuan stared back reverently.

Jiang Fengmian looked between the two and decided to keep his silence. Finally, Qingheng-Jun looked away from her and smiled at Wei Wuxian.

"A-Xian, come, let Lan-Shushu see if you have put on any weight," Lan Qingming teased as Wei Wuxian pouted.

Wei Wuxian was different. Just like his mother. Wei Wuxian was born with five tails, the same number his mother had when she gave birth to him. She had the potential to become a nine-tailed fox but died too young. Wei Wuxian, now seventeen years of age had seven beautiful tails, though he preferred to keep them hidden at all times. After all, his tails were his pride and cultivation. How bad will it be if anyone stepped on them?

"Lan-Shushu, I am clearly taller!" He complained, pouting.

Lan Qingming laughed.

"Alright, A-Xian, come, come see what I have brought you this time," Lan Qingming gestured Wei Wuxian to come closer.

Lan Qingming's only purpose of visiting Lotus Pier thrice a year was to check up on Wei Wuxian, his late Best Friend and Sworn brother's only child. He was kind to the Jiang kids and cordial with the Jiangs, but he always indulged Wei Wuxian who was a happy, jovial, and intelligent child.

Wei Wuxian sat down next to Qingheng-Jun who brought out a beautiful, midnight Black coloured Dizi, the exact colours Wei Wuxian wore and preferred. Wei Wuxian was stunned at it and smiled brightly. Only last month, had he written to Lan-Shushu that his flute training was nearing completion and Lan-Shushu already brought him a spiritual Dizi!