🤔🤔...LIKES AND DISLIKES...🤔🤔

On the way back to Gusu, Wei Wuxian kept on avoiding Lan Wangji who was strangely silent as well. Lan Xichen felt a headache because of these two. Especially due to his brother.

Lan Xichen is pretty sure Wangji likes Wuxian. So, he should pursue and confess like a normal person, ah! What are they even doing right now? Not to mention, the suspicious looking bite on Wei Wuxian's nape.

It's clear they were physically intimate yesterday....

"Ahemmm... Wuxian.. that," Lan Xichen spoke in a low voice gesturing at his own nape. Wei Wuxian slapped a hand on the hickey, blushing brightly, before tugging his collar up.

Lan Xichen sighed. Being an elder brother is hard. Very hard, really.

.....

Six months later.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji sat facing each other, comparing notes. Their spirit cultivation has been stable as of late. Very close to a breakthrough.

But, it was still not enough. Lan Wangji's scales were still white and Wei Wuxian still has seven tails.

"Lan Zhan, what's missing? We are doing it so well...but...," Wei Wuxian frowned. It's close to his 19th birthday, just two months before he completes one whole year of his marriage. But, the results was so obviously lacking. Like this... How long will it take? Who knows?

Things didn't change much between them after that one night in Qishan. Wei Wuxian was a bit guilty, knowing Lan Wangji had a lover and a kid. Both of them didn't mention the night at all.

"I do not understand as well," Lan Wangji also sighed.

Lord knows who, but someone has told Qingheng-Jun about the second method of trying to break through their spirit cultivation. Dual Cultivation. Qingheng-Jun never told them straightforwardly but insinuated often.

They got married in the first place, to facilitate such intimacy after all. But then even, they are unwilling....

Qingheng-Jun was really worried.

"Leave it, I am tired. Ughhh..." Wei Wuxian frowned and leaned back.

Lan Wangji stared at him for a moment before lowering his eyes.

Wei Wuxian also stared at him from the corner of his eyes. These past three-four months, Lan Wangji is staying out even a bit longer than usual. Wei Wuxian sleeps the worst the one week he is left alone.

They still continue to play house like nothing's wrong. Months went by like that. Nothing changed. Wei Wuxian, somewhere along the way, accepted the fact he is doomed to an unrequited love and has even cried twice over it. But, he accepted it. He no longer frowns when suddenly Lan Wangji has gone off to somewhere. He no longer gets upset when he can't sleep for many nights. It grew on him....

Next day was Wei Wuxian's birthday. His first birthday here, in Gusu. Of course, there was a small banquet for him. Only the Jiangs, Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli were sent personal invitations. Wei Wuxian wouldn't admit but he felt secretly happy to see everyone of his family together at the same time. Who knows when that may happen next? Plus, it's his first birthday with Lan Zhan....

"I have a class. I must go," Lan Wangji said and stood up.

"Mmm. I have to visit Shufu for tomorrow's banquet. Let's go together," Wei Wuxian dusted off his robes and stood up as well.

Wei Wuxian knocked at Lan Qiren's office and entered inside.

"Shufu," Wei Wuxian greeted.

"Wei Wuxian, sit down and look at this," Lan Qiren pushed a thick list of the banquet feast towards him. He looked at Wei Wuxian carefully.