😢😢.....WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED.....😢😢

Wei Wuxian stared at the woman silently. Up close, Lan Zhan looked a lot like her. 

Lan Wangji only stood beside his mother, staring at her sleeping face unblinkingly.

"Lan Zhan... What happened?" Wei Wuxian asked, cautiously.

"I don't know. When I first met my family, I was just 16. Muqin was already comatose by then. They say she was attacked by someone and ended up....," Lan Wangji's voice choked, not speaking another word.

Wei Wuxian wordlessly wrapped his hands around his arm, leaning on him.

"Then the poison....," He said, unsure.

Lan Wangji's features hardened.

"Gusu Lan claims she was the one who made that poison. My Muqin was an accomplished Apothecary, the best during that day. 15 years ago, hundreds of Cultivators died of it and when it was discovered that she was the one responsible, my Sect intended to execute her. Luckily, she escaped with Jie and Yawen," Lan Wangji told him  everything he knew from gossips.

His own father, uncle and brother wouldn't speak a word to him about it. Somehow, Lan Wangji knew there was more to the story that they knew but he didn't. But, except his mother who else will known the truth of the entire incident?

Wei Wuxian frowned thoughtfully.

"Lan Zhan, I hope you realise there's lot of loopholes in whatever you said. There is something else we don't know," Wei Wuxian said.

Lan Wangji nodded.

"Muqin never spoke about it to Waipo, Jie or Yawen. They do not know much as well," he said helplessly.

Wei Wuxian stared at her, deep in thought. He thought he was missing something here, not to mention, he finds this woman awfully familiar as well.

"Lan Zhan, how bad is your memory?" He asked suddenly.

Lan Wangji stared at him, one eyebrow raised. Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes.

"Alright, alright Hanguang-Jun, I was just asking," he said dryly. How could his memory be anything less than perfect?

Lan Wangji brought Wei Wuxian out and to his room. Wei Wuxian looked around, poking and picking on things.

Lan Wangji stood beside him, slightly nervous.

"Wei Ying.... Then, the discussion yesterday.." he said as Wei Wuxian turned to look at him.

"Umm... Ahh... Yes.. I don't have an opinion Lan Zhan. You.... You can decide!" He blurted out, cheeks red.

Lan Wangji's golden eyes widened a bit before he was taking large steps, crossing the room and pulling Wei Wuxian into a kiss. Wei Wuxian didn't expect that but kissed back quickly, as his mind went blank.

Lan Wangji held his face and kissed him deeply, tongue inside his mouth and no room to breathe. Wei Wuxian closed his eyes and tightened his hold on Lan Wangji's shoulders.

After a while, Lan Wangji let him go, but embraced him gently. Wei Wuxian was unsure what he meant but was too excited to deny anything at the moment.

"Wei Ying, stay with me. We will raise our child together, hm?" Lan Wangji whispered.

Wei Wuxian nodded in his embrace, smiling widely.

......

Turns out, the other houses belonged to some people, they had taken under their roof. Poor, harmless people, refugees etc. All of them lived together happily there. Wei Wuxian was showed off like a trophy that night during the communal dinner as he held hands with his husband under the table.