♥️♥️...."WANT.."....♥️♥️

Jiang Wanyin sighed internally once they stepped inside Cloud Recesses. And for once, his mother was not there to scold him. Jiang Fengmian was already planning to hand him the position as soon as the Lan Sect Heir and Jin Sect Heir do, considering he's the youngest of them all, and so he travelled alone this time.

And here he was with the Jiang delegates, for Wei Wuxian's unofficial birthday party. He was super happy to see his brother and sister, but his....uhh... Brother-in-laws... Both are pretty questionable.

Jin Zixuan was still fine. That guy loves his sister and Jiang Cheng has come to hate him a lot less. 

But Lan Wangji.... Was the last person he wanted his brother to be seen with. If Jiang Cheng would have had it, he wouldn't have let Wei Wuxian ever marry anyone he doesn't like. 

"Jiang Cheng!" Wei Wuxian smiled widely and waved at him and Jiang Cheng softened at the sight of him smiling.

Wei Wuxian speed-walked to his brother and hugged him happily. It's been so long since they met.

"Wei Wuxian. Are you sure you should be doing this? Your husband looks pretty pissed off," Jiang Cheng scoffed as his gaze locked on Lan Wangji's cold face.

"Forget Lan Zhan. That's just his usual face. Now tell me, how are you?" Wei Wuxian asked, excited.

Jiang Cheng sighed and gestured at the Jiang delegates to go ahead without him and also make sure to give the gifts to the Lan Sect.

Wei Wuxian watched him from the side with a proud smile.

"I am just fine. Work has been tough," Jiang Cheng and bowed to Lan Wangji in a greeting, "Hanguang-Jun."

"Welcome, Jiang-Gongzi," Lan Wangji politely said, returning the greeting.

They stared at each other for a long time before the Jins were announced.

.....

Wei Wuxian blushed everytime he was wished in his birthday banquet. In Yunmeng, his birthday was not a huge deal but a large celebration in Lotus Pier was definitely held every year. 

This was the first time he was in a formal banquet meant for him only. 

Well, him and Lan Zhan, who was serenely sitting by his side, playing husband.

Lan Wangji was extra nice to him today and Wei Wuxian was just itching to kiss him once. Ever since that day in Lanling, he has been having inappropriate thoughts about his husband which was embarrassing in the least.

"Wei Ying. Is the food not good?" Lan Wangji suddenly whispered, startling Wei Wuxian who shook his head.

"It's good. It's everything I like, you know," he whispered back.

Lan Wangji smiled.

"Then, eat more," he said, placing a piece of pork in his bowl. Across, the room, Nie Huaisang met Wei Wuxian's eyes and raised his brows. Wei Wuxian glared at his friend and blushed slightly.

The banquet was peaceful and the guests were happy, so Wei Wuxian was satisfied as having played the nice host.

But, of course. When has things ever been perfect. Wei Wuxian had a bad premonition when he saw his brother coming towards their table, Emperor's Smile in hand. Yes, it was alcohol in Cloud Recesses. And yes, it's only allowed because of him.

"Hanguang-Jun, a toast to my Shixiong," Jiang Cheng said, stressing on 'my'.

"What? No! A-Cheng, Lan Zhan doesn't-" Wei Wuxian protested but the man in question accepted the cup and drank it all at once.